Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
The epic new Samsung Galaxy S21 5G is available for preorder now!
D

• 

1 Message

Sat, Nov 21, 2020 1:41 AM

Overpayment to AT&T

It was recently discovered that a monthly charge was being auto billed to our credit card for an AT&T home phone line that was disconnected in 2014 (I know...how on earth did it take so long to figure this out).   The service has been cancelled and AT&T gave us a 2 month credit.  A quick review by the AT&T service representative for the past 12 months resulted in confirmation that there has been zero activity on the line.  I've made countless calls to AT&T in the last two weeks being bounced around from department to department looking to speak to someone who can possibly extend the amount of the refund.  Any suggestions for how to best proceed?

Responses

spoom2

ACE - Master

• 

9.6K Messages

2 months ago

Two months is all they rebate.  You can plead with billing, but you probably aren't going to get anywhere. 

This is a user to user help forum. It is not an AT&T support site. I am not an AT&T employee, read the ACE's disclaimer at the bottom of this post

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Get started...

Ask a new question