Shop Now, Avoid Delays - Get Our Best Holiday Deals!
S

• 

1 Message

Fri, Jun 11, 2021 4:24 AM

I switched service in May from Comcast to AT&T and want my original phone number ported back and was told I had to wait a monthh.

I NEED MY OLD PHONE NUMBER PORTED INTO THE NEW AT&T LINE.  My mom is here a lone when I am gone and I am getting several cell phone calls wondering if mom is ok and not answering the phone.  AT&T PUT THEIR OWN PHONE NUMBER DOWN AND I HAVE MADE SEVERAL CALLS AND TALKED TO SO MANY PEOPLE AND GET A DIFFERENT ANSWER FROM EACH ONE.  I HAVE HAD THAT PHONE NUMBER FOR 30 YEARS AND EVERYTHING IS ATTACHED TO THAT PHONE NUMBER INCLUDE DOCTORS, HOSPITALS AND EMERGENCY SERVICES.  I WAS TOLD I CAN GET IT PORTED 30 DAYS FROM WHEN WE START.  PLEASE PORT MY ORIGINAL PHONE NUMBER THAT COMCAST HAS TO MY NEW AT&T SERVICE ASAP.  I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO ANYMORE.  GUARANTEE I WILL NEVER RECOMMEND THIS SERVICE TO ANYBODY.  AMA

spoom2

ACE - Master

• 

13.4K Messages

6 m ago

When you ordered the AT&T service did you tell them you wanted to port your number from Comcast and if so what were you told.  At the time, not since. 

my thoughts

Employee

• 

18.3K Messages

6 m ago

The number is still active with Comcast? Has not been cancelled?

You can only port active numbers, if cancelled will not be able to do so.

Porting is generally 5 to 10 business days, ATT requests the number, Comcast has to release the number. If you owe Comcast money they may not release the number.

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.