Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
The epic new Samsung Galaxy S21 5G is available for preorder now!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sat, Nov 11, 2017 11:51 PM

Closed

How to get a refund for a payment misdirected to a closed account?

I inadvertently misdirected an electronic payment intended for another payee to my closed landline account at AT&T. Although my bank sent a letter off to the same PO Box as the bill pay, address, I cannot get to the correct customer service department at AT&T via telephone to ensure that the funds (over $1,000) will be returned to me. I was transferred through the system nine times with no success.

Responses

ATTDmitriyCM

Community Manager

• 

9.5K Messages

3 years ago

Hello @FerryRider Welcome to the Forums!

I'm very sorry you're having some issues with your refund request. We'll be happy to help you with that! Since it's account specific, please send us a private message by clicking here (you will need to log into the Forums online, please do not reply to the email notification). In your message, please include your full name, phone number, account number and the best time you can be reached.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you,
Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have an answer that worked for you? Help other users by marking helpful posts as an "Accepted Answer". And don't forget to leave a Like!

Still need help? Ask a question! Our 1.4 million members typically respond within 1 hour.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

• 

1 Message

2 months ago

Wondering if you ever received any resolution with your issue since we’ve had the same thing happen with us.

• 

489 Messages

2 months ago

Hi @Reggi05,

Thank you for sharing your concern.

As per AT&T Community Guidelines, we will have to close this thread, as it is 3 years old. We would request you to post it as a new conversation.

Have a great day!

Regards, 
AT&T Moderator

spoom2

ACE - Master

• 

9.7K Messages

2 months ago

The original topic was taken private, so as stated by the moderator open a new topic specific to your issue, if it can't be worked out through billing.  I'm closing this topic to posting. 

This is a user to user help forum. It is not an AT&T support site. I am not an AT&T employee, read the ACE's disclaimer at the bottom of this post

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Get started...

Ask a new question