Military Appreciation: Exclusive savings for military, veterans, and their families!
jbinla's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sat, Feb 16, 2019 2:30 AM

Closed

How to cancel landline service

I called the number on your website.  Waited 25 min on hold. They gave me another number, 877-233-3081.  On hold for 20 minutes.  The ATT rep hung up on me when I said I wanted to cancel.  

Is there a store I can go to in order to cancel?  Next stop is CA PUC. 

spoom2

ACE - Master

• 

15.3K Messages

3年前

See this link it can't be done on the forum as we are customers just like you. 

(edited)

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

4分前

If you want to attempt to cancel your AT&T account yourself, here are some tips and the steps to cancel.

What You’ll Need:

• Your AT&T Bill
  • AT&T Login (phone number and password associated with your account) 
  • Cell phone equipment
  • Access to a computer 
  • Access to a phone

Steps to Cancel:

1. Gather the information above or sign into your AT&T account online to gather your account information and access a bill. 
  2. Go into an AT&T store or call the customer service line at 612-331-0500. 
  3. Ask to cancel your wireless service. According to WikiHow, if you're canceling within 30 days of activating service, you should not be charged an early termination fee. But if you are under a contract with AT&T and cancel after 30 days, you may be charged. 
  4. Return any equipment linked to your service contract. Your cancellation will not be processed until AT&T receives all of your equipment.
  5. Request a cancellation confirmation letter for hard-copied proof that you’ve canceled your account.
  6. Wait 30 to 60 business days to review your bank or credit card statement. Look for a cancellation fee and a stopped reoccurring monthly payment.
  7. If you are still having issues canceling, take the issue up with your local Better Business Bureau chapter.

If these steps seems too intense for you, let www.CancelWizard.com do the heavy lifting.

Constructive

Employee

• 

27.3K Messages

4分前

3year old post 

spoom2

ACE - Master

• 

15.3K Messages

4分前

Plus the original post was for home phone, which is different than wireless.  Closing this topic to further posting. 

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.