Available Now: Buy the new iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max from AT&T!
ChooseTmobile's profile



1 Message

Fri, May 25, 2018 2:41 AM

How do I leave this service

Ive had ATT for a very long time. recently i bought a new phone x and put the sim card into it. now I cant switch sim cards on the phone because it hasn't been 6 months since i put the chip into the device. how do i rid my device from the deathgrip of ATT and switch to T Mobile, and how to i swtich to other carriers when i leave the us?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution


Community Support


200.2K Messages

4 y مضت

Good morning @ChooseTmobile.

Thank you for reaching out to us about your recent phone purchase.  Allow me to provide some information to you about this.

If you’re on a prepaid account, you will need to wait for the 6 months with service in order to file an unlock request for your device.  If you are on a postpaid account and this device is under installments, you will need to pay off the remaining balance before filing an unlock request.  Finally, if you’re on a postpaid account and bought this phone outright, you will only need to wait for 14 days for the Buyer’s Remorse Exchange period to expire before filing an unlock request.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to reach back out to us.  I hope you have a great day!

Alex, AT&T Community Specialist

Need help?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.