Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sat, Nov 19, 2016 5:56 PM

How can I report extremely poor customer service to management?

I have no less than NINETEEN interactions with NINETEEN different agents regarding the SAME issue (getting a billing credit to show up on my account). I've  been bounced around between customer service, repairs, billing, accounts receivable, collections, to supervisors who never called back, to kagents who assured me the credit has been credited (have heard everything from "should appear in 24 hours" to "I show no record of that"). I have been given reference numbers of various calls to being subsequently told that "we don't have reference numbers"),

The last straw was reaching out in a "chat" today (hoping it would streamline the particulars - to no avail). The first agent just decided to merely "leave" the conversation. The chat was picked up by a second agent ultimately left the conversation abruptly but only after asking me to verify and re-verify sensitive billing information and asking me to rehash all the details I gave in Chat#1.  This last chat encounter made me extremely leery of the information that I did reveal because as he was trying to resolve my issue, he asked if I was having secure account login troubles and that he'd be happy to help resolve those "while my billing matter was being checked upon".  Now (rhetorically) how exactly would be having login problems while being successfully logged into my account and having the chat?   The conversation with Chat Agent #2 ended with a message stating that the matter couldn't be resolved and to seek resolution at my local AT&T store.

In each and every encounter, I an upsell was attempted without getting anywhere near a resolution for the matter at hand.  This all started with a simple LANDLINE service set up back in Sept. It is now approaching Thanksgiving.  I would estimate that the time I have spent on this one transaction has been no less than 5 HOURS.

Any suggestions for directing my concerns into the proper direction would be immensely appreciated.

-Frustrated beyond belief

Responses

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

For example Cancel my Uverse Phone service, this is my money being spent on this, so that makes it my right to cancel since I do not use it and 

by law  I am not receiving anything in return for my money being paid every month.  That sounds like a form of theft , by ATT.

Brand User
ATTHelp

Community Support

• 

133.6K Messages

4 years ago

Hi @fedupbuc,

Did you have issues calling in to cancel? 

-ATTU-verseCare

Still need help? Ask a question! Our 1.4 million members typically respond within 1 hour.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

In the past few weeks I have made at least 3 calls to the 800-288-2020 customer service #, which I find to be ridiculously time consuming,   after being left on hold for 30minutes , hungup on.  Why is it the operators I get are in different parts of the World,Philippines or wherever, when their English is not intelligable,  I simply asked to cancel my phone service and keep my internetas it is ..

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Per 4/24 att email re online bill due 4/28 it was increased fr $416.59 $484.43, I called to find out why then asked for adjustments and was advised that starting the next billing cycle the internet mo charge will go fr $40 to $30 and phone fr 29.05 to $9 and direct tv premiere to $165 and cell will remain $216.94 In addition the increased difference of $67.84 will be waived
but before the call was over I was disconnected so I called back to make sure that the changes I was promised has been confirmed and the agent I spoke to said yes all the changes have already been made.
I just checked my emails and saw an order confirmation from att advising that Monthly Charges + One Time charges + Estimated Taxes/Fees/Surcharges + Proration =$ 666.91 which is one time charge of $137.50 and monthly of $529.41
I strongly disagree with this order and refuse to pay it even if I have to cancel all my services with att and if I am charged any termination penalties I will persue handling this matter legally.
I sure hope that this matter is investigated and handled ASAP without any further complication specially since I have been a loyal customer of ATT for such a long time with all my services.

Get started...

Ask a new question