For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
M

• 

1 Message

Thursday, January 21st, 2021 2:41 AM

For four YEARS we have been charged for a land-line we didn't even need!!!

My husband and I recently discovered we have had an unnecessary land-line for over four years (maybe longer)! We live in a rural area and needed internet at home when I went back to school. AT&T was one of the only providers offered in our area, so we bundled it with our Directv. When this was installed we were told we also needed to have a land-line for the DSL internet. We did not/have not ever utilized this "mandatory" land-line. Our Directv bill has always been expensive and we have questioned many times how we can lower it over the years. My husbands consistent response to solicitation for new services has been how to save us money rather than spending more money. We have called AT&T and Directv many times asking for explanation that justified the cost of our bill, but never received a clear explanation. The obvious solution might be to switch providers, but we haven't had many options in our area.......... until now. 

My husband has been researching more cost-effective options for years but got more serious over the last two weeks to see what our current options are. We had a new service installed today and when asked about keeping our land-line we were told we didn't need it. My husband called to cancel our AT&T tonight and asked about this and was given a very poor excuse. We have spent $40/month for four years, possibly more, on an unnecessary service; a service that we have questioned its necessity again and again. 

It's disheartening that we have trusted this company and thought they had our best interest in mind when they were advising us of our options. It makes us angry and disgusted when we think of the amount of money we have wasted on this unnecessary service. My husband plans to call and lodge a complaint with their customer service department tomorrow and I'm interested to see what happens next. 

Sincerely, 

Mary

Former Employee

• 

2.6K Messages

3 years ago

Per the terms pf service you agreed to you have 100 days to dispute billed charges in writing, not four years.

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

3 years ago

🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.