Uniquely for you. Preorder the new Google Pixel 6.
D

• 

3 Messages

Mon, Jul 13, 2020 3:04 PM

DSL service isn’t working, AT&T can’t find my account number

My DSL and dial tone have been missing in action since Saturday night when we had a lot of thunder and lightning in my area.

I’ve trouble-shoot internal wiring as best i can, and have plugged in a phone to the junction box on the side of the house still without being able to obtain a dial-tone.

Using my cell phone, I called AT&T’s DSL service number and when I finally got through the automated attendent’s myriad of questions, including which account or phone number was having the issue, I was informed they couldn’t locate my account number, told me to access a web site that was so quickly spoken I didn’t have time to record it, and then AT&T hung up on me.

How do I get in touch with a human at AT&T?

spoom2

ACE - Master

• 

12.8K Messages

1 y ago

Call the customer support number, at the voice prompt ask for repair, than say representative or agent repeatedly until you reach a body 

• 

3 Messages

Thank you; it’s a terrible shame that AT&T has become the flaming pile of fecal matter that it is.

spoom2

ACE - Master

• 

12.8K Messages

1 y ago

Yes, thing is most all automated systems make it hard to get to a body. You could try chat

• 

3 Messages

1 y ago

I may give that a shot in a few minutes, I’m in the telephone queue for a human operator at present.

I’m so looking forward to starlink going live. As soon as it does, I’m going to dump AT&T like the absolute garbage they are.

I know the moment that happens I’ll get bombarded by AT&T sales representatives trying to get me to a be a customer again. Amazing they have enough money to pay for a sales force but not enough money to pay for a service force.

At 55 years of age, I can safely say AT&T’s service, across all platforms, is the weakest of any company I’ve ever been a customer of.

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.