Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 8/31. See all protection plans.
S

• 

2 Messages

Sun, Jul 5, 2020 12:09 PM

Changed my landline from ATT to another provider, now calls coming from ATT won't go through

I previously had both home phone, internet, TV and cell service through ATT. I just cancelled the home phone, internet and TV and transferred my home phone service to another provider. Now, any calls coming from a phone number with ATT to my home phone is automatically forwarded to my ATT cell phone instead of coming through. I have tested out that the automatic forwarding is only happening when the person calling is calling from a phone with ATT service (cell and home). Calls coming through other service providers to my home phone come through on my home phone and don't get automatically forwarded.  Has anyone experienced this? Is it an issue with ATT or my new service provider?

Responses

spoom2

ACE - Master

• 

7.9K Messages

a month ago

Did you forward your AT&T service prior to changing? They don't just forward numbers for no reason and they wouldn't have known to forward to your cell if someone didn't tell them to.   Did you port your number from AT&T to your current provider?  If you did, have you confirmed with your current provider the porting is complete?

This is a user to user help forum. It is not an AT&T support site. I am not an AT&T employee, read the ACE's disclaimer at the bottom of this post

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

2 Messages

No, I have never forwarded my home phone to my mobile. I did port the number from ATT to the new provider. Its only calls coming from phones with ATT service (my cell, a friends home phone) that are being forwarded. All other calls comgin from phones with other service providers are coming through to my new home phone provider just fine.  I will confirm with my new provider that the port has completed.

Get started...

Ask a new question