Our Community Forum will be shutting down on June 27, 2024. Please visit att.com/support for all your support needs.
busymtw's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, March 7th, 2018 3:31 AM

Canceling Phone Service

I have been trying to cancel my home phone for at least two years. Prior to that I tried canceling and was always told that if I canceled my bill would be higher so I gave up. A couple of years ago I went in to upgrade a cell phone and adjusted some things on all my plans. At that point I was told that I could cancel my home phone. They gave me the number to call to cancel but needed a new receiver so they said I needed to wait until after I got the new receiver installed. So then I called. I was told I would get a call within a few days with a cancellation confirmation. The call never came so called back and was told there was no record of a cancellation so after two phone calls lasting almost an hour (the initial to cancel and the second to find out about the confirmation) I again hung up with a promise of a cancelation. Still no cancellation. I tried calling a few times and never got anywhere or would have to hang up because I had been on for so long and had other commitments. I finally just gave up.  This past fall I switched from U-Verse to Direct TV at my local ATT store when I was upgrading another cell phone. In the store the girl helping me called while I was there and set up to cancel the phone. She was told that they could cancel after my Direct TV was installed. So once again I had Direct TV come out this time, switch my TV. I called a couple of days later because she said she would make sure it was canceled. She called me back with a confirmation that is was canceled. A week later I still had phone service.  Went into the store to see her and she called again and was told it would be canceled. Later that day I was cleaning and went ahead and unplugged the phone and threw it away as it had not been holding a charge anyway. Within a week or two I ended up extremely ill and have been battling illness since then. I am just starting to come out from the other side and finally went to look at why my ATT bill has been creeping up (it is on Autopay so I have seen it creep up but am trying to get caught up on everything after being sick for so many months). Low and behold I still have a home phone! That is what has been causing my bill to go up but on top of the bill creeping up I have been paying $26 a month for home phone that hasn't even had a call made on it in so long I couldn't begin to even guess. Of course this is my fault because I didn't spend time after time, hour after hour on the phone 2 years ago until I had it canceled.  At this point though I beg, can someone please tell me what I have to do to get the phone canceled once and for all? Please help...A very tired mom, teacher and wife...with papers to grade, lesson plans to write, a house to clean, meals to make, and children to raise...Can you help me catch a break?

Community Support

• 

232.9K Messages

6 years ago

Good Morning @busymtw

thank you so much for contacting us, I really appreciate it, We would be more than glad to assist you with this, I'll be sending you a private message in order we can get this resolved for you.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.