Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Thu, Nov 17, 2016 7:09 AM

att.net forwarding problem "password setting"

It's complicated! I have an att.net subaccount, call it 'B', on my wife's att.net account, call it 'A', and B is linked to A.

On my account B, I set a forwarding address to C. It shows up when I am signed on to att.net, and I go to settings --> accounts. However, I notice that when I try to set a password for B and save it, it doesn't remain but goes blank again.

Now, I try to set up an account named C in Outlook (2016; Windows 10), and no matter what passwords and account names I try I cannot do so.

I can access my mail online, though. 

How do I set up an account for C in Outlook? Many thanks!

Responses

ATTU-verseCare

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

4 years ago

Hi @lancish,

Thanks for reaching out to us in the community forums. It sounds like the password issue with B may be resolved with clearing cache & cookies for your browsers. Try a different web browser such as Firefox and Chrome. For C, try using this article to do the setup for Outlook 2016. Be sure to choose correct email client in the drop down when visiting the link. Sometimes it is necessary to uninstall your software then reinstall. Give these steps a try and let us know if you have any additional questions.

-ATTU-verseCare

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTHelp

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Hi, sure appreciate your reply. Followed your suggestion, but didn't seem to work.
I have something, though, that seems awfully funny: every time I sign fresh directly onto my att.net mail (actually at mg.mail.yahoo.com/neo/launch?. ...), I get an error message:
"It looks like there might be something wrong with the password settings of the external account 'lancish@alum.mit.edu'. Please check your password for this account in settings and try again."
I say "OK" and it takes me to settings.

Well the lancish account is the C account we were talking about. When I indeed go to
settings ==> accounts ==> lancishI see how things are set up, and there is a field for me to put a password in. EXCEPT it never accepts that password. If I put it in once, back out, then go back in to check if it's there, the field is Empty, like I never put anything in there.

How do I get the settings to accept a password for the lancish account???
Many thanks!  ... Lance Miller
Brand User
ATTHelp

Community Support

• 

134K Messages

4 years ago

Hi @lancish,

What browser are you using? 

-ATTU-verseCare

Still need help? Ask a question! Our 1.4 million members typically respond within 1 hour.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Sorry, my reply must have gotten lost.

I use Firefox.

Brand User
ATTHelp

Community Support

• 

134K Messages

4 years ago

Using Chrome may resolve this. We have heard of some browsers not working.

-ATTU-verseCare

Still need help? Ask a question! Our 1.4 million members typically respond within 1 hour.

Get started...

Ask a new question