Announcements

For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

• 

3 Messages

Wed, Feb 12, 2020 6:51 PM

AT&T & MCI

I use AT&T for my cell phone and Home phone landline. What part does MCI play in my phone service? If I cancel my MCI account, will I lose any services?

Responses

spoom2

ACE - Master

• 

6.2K Messages

2 months ago

Your bill should tell you what MCI is being used for. MCI was a long distance carrier for many years, according to a google search it was acquired by Verizon about 15 years ago. My guess would be you had MCI for long distance service, so if you dropped it you'd loose the LD service on your landline, unless you switch to another LD provider.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

35.9K Messages

Which may also mean you have a very old calling plan. I’ve had nationwide calling on my home phone for years, no need to select a separate long distance provider.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

3 Messages

@sandblaster After a bit of research, it seems MCI is indeed my long distance provider and yes, I have had them for several years. I make very few LD calls from my home phone and comparing my MCI costs to AT&T LD plans, MCI costs me less.

Thank you for your help!

• 

3 Messages

@spoom2 Thanks for your post! You are exactly right. See my reply to sandblaster.

AT&T TV – All Your Entertainment In One Spot.  Learn more…