For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
C

• 

6 Messages

Friday, February 26th, 2021 2:53 PM

ATT bill (landline and internet)

Why is my bill keep going up every month!  I kept the landline for emergency only, so I shouldn't have any kind of surcharge; the internet has enough that I should not went over any usage either but the payment creep up every single month.  This time even went up almost 6 dollars!  Can you look into this and change back my payment?

ACE - Expert

• 

35.1K Messages

3 years ago

Phone bills go up and (and somewhat more rarely down) every 3 months due to changes in the USF.  If your bill went up nearly $6, that sounds like a rate increase.  If you're on traditional landline service (Plain Old Telephone Service, or POTS), AT&T is trying to get out of that business and is not-so-slowly raising rates to encourage us to get off of it.  My POTS bill has doubled over the last 11 years.

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

My bill goes up little by little every single month!  This is annoying.  

Expert

• 

19.3K Messages

3 years ago

Compair it to the details of your last bill than you'll see where the increase is

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

Not right that they raise our bill to get us out of POTS!  

• 

8 Messages

3 years ago

Thanks! I have same problem - $$ keep creeping up each month!  ATT land line portion of  my landline+internet service is now over $45/month - Competition offers $10/mo in Austin TX - MagicJack is even less -under $4/mo.  Is there an affordable price solution  at ATT ???  Any suggestions to reduce my landline cost??

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

Wow Mitch438, I need to look up those competition!  I am paying over $82.00 this month.  As long as I get reliable internet tag along landline, I am all good.  

Expert

• 

19.3K Messages

3 years ago

You can go with a VoIP provider OOMA, magic jack, Vonage and others all offer cheaper prices than traditional landline, you also loose the advantage of a copper landline, which maybe OK since all providers are trying to do away with POTS.  Just remember, you loose power or Internet you loose phone service too.

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

Thanks spooms.  My worked required POTS.  It doesn't make sense since if power is out, company doesn't work, so does it matter if the phone work right.

Expert

• 

19.3K Messages

3 years ago

Guess is a mute point if the company you work for requires POTS.  I hope they're aware POTS service is being discontinued in many area's by all but a few carriers. 

• 

8 Messages

3 years ago

Dear Spoom2,  Thanks for good advice! But a follow up question for you:  In order to make a VoIP phone more reliable, would an elec power backup be valuable for internet/router/computer ??  Any informative links you like on this subject??

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.