For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Milowe01's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Sunday, January 8th, 2017 8:48 AM

After 3 months and hours of telephone calls why can't AT&T get my billing correct?

Established service around the end of September 2016. Purchased bundle for $114.99 per month including home phone, internet & Directv. Was also to receive $200 in prepaid debit gift cards. Service was to include combined billing with auto pay. I was to pay additional fees for a sports package and a higher internet speed. I have dropped the higher internet speed for reasons discussed later in this message and also dropped the sports package so I can compare my billing to the amount I was originally sold. Issues began prior to installation requiring numerous telephone calls including fees which were not to be charged in addition to one that was disclosed at the time of the order. These additional fees were eventually waived although scheduling for installation was delayed due to an AT&T error I will not discuss now. From the beginning we had issues with the combined billing. Although it would show on the online account it was combined it would fall off and the Directv portion was not included. The following month it would not show as combined leading me to make additional calls to restart the process. My bill has never been right and I've been told since bills were not combined the discounts "fell off". I have been assured each month changes are made retro active and all will be made right. The same thing happened this month; after a long discussion with a representative in the Directv customer satisfaction department I was told issue was caused by AT&T not having my middle initial on my bill and Directv having my middle initial. Apparantly when Directv sent the bill is was rejected due to the name on the bill not matching (due to the middle initial). I was assured once again my discounts were applied for Directv and she removed my middle initial to solve the issue. Unfortunately she could do nothing to help me on the AT&T side and had to transfer my call. I explained the situation to the AT&T representative who quoted me a billing amount after changes that is $25 more (combined Directv & AT&T) than the package I originally purchased. I was put on hold several times during the conversation. After a total of about an hour and 15 minutes he informed me he would need to discuss with a supervisior and asked me to hold again. Since I had taken my entire lunch break and was already back at work I informed him I could no longer hold and requested a call back with a resolution. He intitially said he could not call back but later agreed; this was on 1/3 & I have yet to hear back from him. A couple of hours ago I received an order confirmation from AT&T with a total price tag of $140.00 before fees or $25 more than the bundle I purchased. In addition; pro-rated charges of $52.42 are included giving me monthly charges and one time charges plus taxes and fees of $209.53. Since I have (over) paid my bill each month AT&T owes me money rather than me owing prorated charges. And by the way; I learned last month the internet speed I ordered was not given to me due to the proper lines not being installed at installation. I told the customer service representative to cancel since I don't have two hours to spend at home for another installation. I also have only received one $100 gift card. I inquired last month and again this month and have not received an answer. I have spent in excess of an hour on the telephone every month since I ordered the service just trying to get what I ordered. I have been patient but am no longer willing to spend hours on end discussing this each month only to repeat the cycle the next month. If you cannot get this issue corrected I will contact relevant agencies of the Federal & Alabama State Governments to file complaints. Mistakes are understandable if corrected but there is no excuse for this issue continuining for over three months.

Community Support

• 

231.5K Messages

7 years ago

Hello @Milowe01

We saw your post and will be glad to help. Please send us a detailed message by clicking here. Be sure to include:

• Name
  • Account number
  • Phone number and the best time to reach you

We will get back to you as soon as possible. In the meantime, let us know if you have any other questions or concerns!

-ATTU-verseCare

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

I replied by private message as requested. To date no one from AT&T has contacted me. Today I received an email indicating they found a response and wanting to know if my problem was solved. The answer is NO! No one has attempted to solve my problem. This is pathetic!

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

7 years ago

I feel you. I am almost in the exact same boat. Had a rep change my plan, add supposedly unlimited long distance and Canada calling for a lower rate in August. Bill has been a mess since. Every month a call, a payment and zero resolution. Had so much hope when the forum response came, returned their messages...and nothing. Checked my sent messages responding to theirs, not even read by them. I hope for both of us that someone will show up and take care of it. Take.notes, record names and time and dates. Found out last week, even if they tell you they are noting your call, and what is discussed and their resolution - apparently, they are NOT. Good luck to you!

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

Got a feeling this is commonplace for AT&T. My next call won't be to AT&T. I will be filing complaints with FTC, FCC & a division of our State AG office. Will also be contacting local congressman's office to share my story & request opposition to AT&T/Time Warner merger

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

7 years ago

Hey @Milowe01,

We have sent you a private message and look forward to working with you to get this sorted.

ATTU-verseCare

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

Ok, I have sent another private message. The one I sent on 1/9 is marked unread. Hoping the latest is opened and we can resolve this situation.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

I was contacted today & issue was resolved very quickly. I don't really understand why it took so long but I am grateful the situation is solved. I do appreciate the call & the fact it only took a few minutes to arrive at a satisfactory resolution.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.