Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Protect your device against loss, theft, damage and get expert technical support. Open Enrollment Ends 3/31/21.
A

• 

2 Messages

Tue, Jan 12, 2021 8:48 PM

3 weeks--No landline, no help

We don't know what else to do.

We live in an area where cell phones don't work and there's no broadband. We use a satellite for internet access. Our line went dead on Christmas eve in a snowstorm and has been dead ever since. This is unrelated to the explosion in Nashville as far as we know. The outage finder says there is no outage here which we know to be false. No one at AT&T will help us.  We don't know why.

We've done all the normal things. The last communication we had was that they would have it fixed last Thursday. I was able to get a message that someone was dispatched on the seventh but "...were unable to meet our previously scheduled service appointment time for 423-xxx-xxxx". There don't seem to be any plans to fix our landline or follow up with this failure. Again, we don't know why.

We've reached out on social media. We've tried to call when away from the house but that doesn't seem to do anything. Now, the website keeps signing out each time we load a new page making it impossible to do anything. Chat won't load and we can't call because its not possible without a landline. We've canceled our auto-pay because we aren't going to pay for a dead line. There is a medically fragile person living here and we can't really do without much longer. We've just been hanging on hoping someone would do their job or tell us why we can't have a landline anymore. We've even written to our state representative to ask them to intercede on our behalf. Not only do we not have access to 911 now but will most likely miss the call that sets our appointment for the Covid vaccine, so this is a medically dangerous state for us.

I'm not even sure why I'm writing this here except to see if maybe an employee might see it.

Thanks.

Responses

spoom2

ACE - Master

• 

10K Messages

2 months ago

File an FCC complaint you can also fill out the form found under customer service contacts found here

(edited)

This is a user to user help forum. It is not an AT&T support site. I am not an AT&T employee, read the ACE's disclaimer at the bottom of this post

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

2 Messages

2 months ago

Thanks so much. That is very helpful.

Get started...

Ask a new question