Cyber Monday Deals: Buy a Samsung Google S22 & get Free Galaxy Buds 2 - while supplies last!
Need to update email settings?
cpnforums's profile

• 

1 Message

Sat, Oct 1, 2022 3:56 PM

Yahoo mail "required upgrade"

I have been receiving this notice about upgrading my email:

On Thursday, September 29, 2022, 10:43 AM, Mail Support Upgrade <[email scrubbed]> wrote:

Dear Valued AT&T member,
We notice you have not Upgraded to the new version of your AT&T Mail, You are required to Upgrade your Mail if not we are closing all old versions on the 1st, October  2022. it's time for all Users to upgrade before losing their access to login into Mailbox. This will even keep your information more secure.  Please Upgrade now
Click here for Upgrade [EDITED - removed spam link]
When I click to upgrade and sign in I'm brought to my home page and no further guidance on upgrading.  Is this really necessary?  If it were I'd think AT&T wouldn't make the process so mysterious. 
tonydi

ACE - Guru

• 

8.4K Messages

2 months ago

😱

That's a PHISHING page and you've just given hackers your email address and password! 

I suggest you log into your account at att.com/myatt and change your password immediately!

I'd also then log into your email account via www.currently.com and go to Settings->More Settings and look to see if any Filters have been added by hackers to try and hide their activity. 

Finally, click the Mailboxes item on the left and then click your mailbox (see #2 below) and then look to see if the Return Address (see #3 below) has been changed to something other than your real address.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.