Check out AT&T's Valentine's Day Gift Guide for ideas & deals on the new Samsung Galaxy S23!
Need to update email settings?
aroundtuit's profile
aroundtuit
20th Community Anniversary
#1 Star!
The 5th element!

Tutor

• 

22 Messages

Wednesday, October 5th, 2022 4:19 AM

Some messages not syncing with Windows Mail App

My PC is running Windows 11 (upgrade from 10) and everything is at current patch levels.  When I look at my ATT/Yahoo mail from the Windows Mail app, most of the recent messages are missing.  When I look at my mail from the web browser (Edge) everything is there.  For example, yesterday I received 38 emails (not counting SPAM) and today I received 37.  In the Mail app, It only shows one each day!  Number of messages it shows varies daily but seems to be getting worse.

When I use Outlook for Android on my Samsung S21 Ultra 5G, everything is fine.  Also, when I check my Microsoft mail account from either my mobile phone or the Mail app on my desktop, everything is fine.

I have went through every possible solution I could find on-line, including a complete uninstall of Mail and Calendar and reinstall.  The initial download of messages may take up to 24 hours, but everything is there as best as I can tell.  But after its set up, some new messages don't show up.  Back to square one.

tonydi

ACE - Guru

• 

9.6K Messages

4 months ago

There's been an ongoing issue with Windows Mail and Yahoo-based accounts since the last update Microsoft pushed out.  What you describe is one of two issues reported, with the other one being that some emails come through looking something like raw HTML.

It's not clear when they may push another update to fix this because of the imminent arrival of Outlook for Windows, the store app that is destined to replace Mail as the default client for Windows.  Some speculate it will just replace current versions of Mail which is why some people feel Microsoft might not fix the version you have now.

Alternatives like Thunderbird and BlueMail both have native OAuth2 and don't have this issue with Yahoo-based emails.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.