Set Up Outlook to recieve and send Pacbell.net email
- For some reason, Outlook (Outlook 365) has stopped getting email from whatever server AT&T uses.
- I had it set up as an IMAP account. My spouse's Outlook stopped working on or about the same time (8/22/2022). Neither of us changed the setup (spouse doesn't know how, I know I haven't messed with it).
- I created a secure email key - what I believe I did the last time this happened. Didn't work as a password.
- On a different computer, my spouse has it set up as a POP mail account, using "inbound.att.net" and "outbound.att.net" as the incoming and outgoing email servers. That still works.
- So I tried to set up my email account as a POP account, using these inbound/outbound values. It did not work. I used my ATT password as well as the secure mail key I created. Neither worked.
I went through the same steps trying to set up the account as an IMAP account, using the inbound server (imap.mail.att.net/Port 993) and outbound server (smtp.mail.att.net/Port 465) settings.
In both situations/configurations, I get the message "The connection to the incoming [IMAP or POP] server was dropped".
Does anyone have any idea what is going wrong?