Available Now: Buy the new iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max from AT&T!
Need to update email settings?
ckersting's profile

• 

6 Messages

Sat, Jul 9, 2022 8:01 PM

sbcglobal.net email

I have two sbcglobal.net accounts.  The primary account is working fine on laptop, iphone and ipad.  The subaccount is not receiving emails on my laptop only.  Iphone and ipad are working fine.  I have an error message that states account is not syncing with Yahoo.  I've tried everything I can think of as well as spent literally 4 hours on the phone with AT&T and 3 levels of tech support.  They claim its not their problem.  So what do I do?

tonydi

ACE - Guru

• 

7.4K Messages

3分前

What email client are you using on the laptop?  It's not Windows Mail, is it?

Does it do OAuth2 for Authentication or are you using a Secure Mail Key?

If SMK, is it one you generated specifically for the subaccount?

• 

6 Messages

3分前

I do not use a mail app. Everything is in order as far as I can see.  I have had these accounts for years with no issue up until about 10 days ago.  I keep getting a error message saying my email is not syncing with Yahoo and needs permission to continue, however, no matter what I do I can not solve this issue.

tonydi

ACE - Guru

• 

7.4K Messages

3分前

Well, I'm confused then.  "Syncing" implies that there's something that needs to talk to the Yahoo servers so that it can match up the emails that are on the server. That something has always been an email client (Outlook, Thunderbird, Apple Mail, etc).

So you're saying you use a web browser and log into the webmail interface at www.currently.com and you get this syncing error?  Could you capture a screenshot and post it?

• 

6 Messages

3分前

This is the best I could do.  I couldn't paste a screen shot on this page. And yes I log in through www.currently.com

tonydi

ACE - Guru

• 

7.4K Messages

3分前

Oh wow, didn't expect that!  Has this subaccount ever worked on that machine?

I just tried to add a second mailbox to my sbcglobal.net account.  I'm only offered Gmail, Outlook, AOL and Other.  If I choose Other I get a screen that says I need the Yahoo Mail app for my Android or Apple device so there's no way to add another Yahoo/AT&T account.  I wonder if Yahoo pulled this capability at some point?

What happens if you click that Sign into Yahoo link?

• 

6 Messages

3分前

I don't believe you can create a yahoo account anymore.  AT&T controls all of this now.

tonydi

ACE - Guru

• 

7.4K Messages

3分前

Yep, if I log into one of my yahoo.com accounts then I am offered the option to add a mailbox for a yahoo.com address.  But logged into any Yahoo/AT&T email account that option is now gone.

Weird, no idea why they'd do that.

• 

6 Messages

3分前

It's a marketing ploy. They own Yahoo and they want only their name out there amongst the public in any way they can get it out there.  Branding.  Aside from that, any idea how I can correct this error?

tonydi

ACE - Guru

• 

7.4K Messages

3分前

Well, they don't own Yahoo so that kinda shoots down that idea.

I don't have any suggestions.  You can't work around that limitation to get them all in the one inbox.

(edited)

Need help?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.