Need to update email settings?
C

• 

8 Messages

Thursday, May 7th, 2020 9:42 PM

Email Setup for Sbcglobal.net on iphone

I used the AT&T online direstions step by step and it didn't work by using the yahoo mail setup. Once I entered the email address and the password it kept sending me back to the Yahoo sign in page of the MyAT&T page over and over and over again and failed to setup the email on the apple mail app. I have also googled instructions to do it by clicking other and setting up the servers, IMAP, POP3 etc and none of that works. Is AT&T just a crap email service and I should change wifi, tv, phone and other services?

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Nightmare for no good reason.

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I have all the problems listed above that started this week because I updated the password on my desktop machine. 

Now my and wifes Apple email app for yahoo no longer works. I have manually tried all of the above and on the apple site and this is a train wreck.

I am at a loss, complete and utter insubordination by ATT. the whole secure key thing is without explanation of what to do with it when you issue one.

The explanation above is nice for the one user -  with a vpn solution. I am not thatr sophisticated and just want it to work.

I really want it to work in the Apple Mail app for EASE OF USE.

When I use the method described by all of Mail

Add Yahoo account.

It all works until verify and ATT jumps in with a fill screen "We don't want you to ever get locked out...." add your phone. which DOES NOTHING. All you can do is cancel, no skip, no back CANCEL.

Does anybody have a simple solution for a simple user. It shouldn't be this hard.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.