Need to update email settings?
Dpip1's profile

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, November 24th, 2022 8:55 PM

Can't get my sbcglobal email set up on Outlook

Unable to setup my Outlook with my sbcglobal.net account.  Do Outlook still support sbcglobal email? There is number to call to get help since AT&T ConnecTech is no more.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Guru

• 

9.9K Messages

1 year ago

Yes, Outlook does work with all of the Yahoo/AT&T email domains.

First, create a Secure Mail Key.

Then create the account in Outlook and use that key wherever Outlook asks for a password.

If you still get errors, use these alternate servers instead of the att.com servers.

IMAP

imap.mail.yahoo.com  (use Port 993 and SSL/TLS)

smtp.mail.yahoo.com  (use Port 465 and SSL/TLS)

POP3

pop.mail.yahoo.com  (use Port 995 and SSL/TLS)

smtp.mail.yahoo.com  (use Port 465 and SSL/TLS)

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

Is there a a number I can call to get help with setting up my sbcglobal email on outlook.  Nothing is working.

ACE - Guru

• 

9.9K Messages

1 year ago

Describe exactly what "nothing is working" looks like on your end.

Does Outlook give you an error message, and if so, what is the full error?

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

I have a similar issue.  I have had my sbcglobal email set up on outlook, and all of a sudden is stopped getting emails last week.  I have the same settings as you have listed above, but now its not working.  If I try to repair it, it says " something went wrong...We couldn't log on to the incomping (pop) server.  Please check your email address and pass word and try again"  I have had a secure use a secure email key set up, and its still not working with it.  Any additional help would be apprciated.  Thanks!

ACE - Guru

• 

9.9K Messages

1 year ago

It's a good thing you've got a cool name @tonyl2591 or else I'd give you a bad time for not just starting your own thread so we don't have dueling troubleshooting happening in the same thread.  But seriously, please do start your own threads going forward when you need specific help.

SMKs do "go bad" for reasons unknown so try using the link in my first post and delete your SMK, then create a new one and put that into Outlook,

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.