Check out AT&T's Valentine's Day Gift Guide for ideas & deals on the new Samsung Galaxy S23!
Need to update email settings?
Hptraveler's profile

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, November 17th, 2022 9:29 PM

Cannot Send a Message from My att.net Email Account

I can receive all of my att.net email messages on multiple platforms, however I cannot send, forward or reply to any email.

The error message says " Your message cannot be sent because it resembles spam and/or contains only links. Please modify your message and try again."

I have tried sending MANY messages with a very short sentence and absolutely no links, or a message with only one word in the Subject line and still get the same error message.

What am I missing or what do I need to do to get my email working again????  Thanks,

tonydi

ACE - Guru

• 

9.6K Messages

3 months ago

Let's check.....yes, it's Thursday and that's a day that ends in "y" so it's just another Stupid Yahoo Trick (with apologies to David Letterman).

Try changing your password.  You may need to wait 24hrs before trying to send again.  If that doesn't work, Google the error message you posted here and you'll see a number of other possible solutions.  The pwd one seems to be the most successful.

• 

3 Messages

3 months ago

Thanks for the help!!  This solved my problem and now I can send, reply and forward emails again.

tonydi

ACE - Guru

• 

9.6K Messages

3 months ago

Glad that worked for you!  This has been a horrible year for unsolvable Yahoo/AT&T email issues so any victory is a good one.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.