Need to update email settings?
mjfaulkner's profile

Tutor

• 

14 Messages

Tuesday, June 21st, 2022 12:27 AM

UNBELIEVABLE. Locked out of account 2X a week for "unsuccessful login attempts" - UNTRUE.

This is getting ridiculous, now happening multiple times per week: 

generally stay logged in on my at least two Mac laptops using the Firefox browser and using apple mail on my iPhone. I save my passwords within the app/device so I never, ever have an unsuccessful log-in attempt. IF I occasionally log out, the user and password are auto-filled when I come back. But now, at least twice in the past week, I have been locked out. Either someone else is repeatedly trying to get into my account (I don't think I've made that kind of enemy), or there is a fatal flaw in the security protocols.
I want to point out that if someone is repeatedly trying to get into my account, and is in fact being unsuccessful, my personal, unique password is WORKING, so it is frustrating that I am being forced to change it, on every device, multiple times a week.
I do have several sbcglobal.net mail accounts, one for business, one for my wife, and one for junk. Would that affect this? I usually use the currently.com account switcher without issue if I need to switch accounts, or completely log out before logging into another.
But this situation is becoming untenable and extremely disruptive. When one needs to check email quickly and is met with the above splash screen, and has to go through two-step security protocols to change the password on multiple devices, it is a real productivity killer.
One final note: This only affects the laptop webmail login. If I get this message on the laptop and immediately go to my phone, I can continue to use the apple mail app for days, with the supposedly locked password, without having to change it. But when I want to access email via the laptop, I have to go through the process of changing it everywhere, including the phone. Please help.
No Responses!
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.