Need to update email settings?
27vdd53's profile

Tutor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, October 10th, 2018 12:15 AM

trying to login into my sbcglobal.net account

I've had this account for years and several days ago it wasn't recognizing my password.  This is the only email account I have and need to access it.  Please help

• 

8 Messages

1 year ago

Yes. I got mine unlocked. Phone was no help at all. Go to att.com use their support chat. Select the option that says something internet problems then sign in issues. I can’t remember the exact option. But it has to be in the internet department. If you go to the phone they are no help. Once you select the internet problem and log in issues. You have to keep asking for an agent. Eventually you will get connected to an agent. Then you have to tell them you are getting the care code message. They will re-sync your account and you will be back in. 

• 

7 Messages

1 year ago

Unfortunately after spending over a week, over 20 hours of the phone, 3 phones on char I still have yet too have my account my unlocked. They keep tell me oh well make a new one. Wish it was that simple:( 

• 

4 Messages

1 year ago

Finally had to go to att.com to find a phone #. Spoke to an agent who unlocked my account and reset my password. Took 3 day to reach an agent who was successful, but my problem was finally solved. 

• 

7 Messages

1 year ago

We've talked to so many ppl and no luck. Been almost 2 weeks now :( 

• 

7 Messages

1 year ago

Last person told us all our info magically disappeared and that I need the account number to an account thats been closed for over 10 years 

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

Call (800)288-2020 choose option 2, they will forward you to an agent.  It may take awhile, but I've done it 3 times now and was able to get some help connecting.

• 

7 Messages

1 year ago

We've called that number and spent over 17 hours alone talking to different ppl to be told sorry start a new account. It's so frustrating 

• 

4 Messages

1 year ago

So sorry to hear everyone's frustration. I was lucky on my 3rd try to reach an agent that was competent enough to know what she was doing. I recall her name was Sequoia. She assured me that she was going to get it fixed, and she did. It took her awhile to locate my account, because we do not have at&t, just an sbcglobal email account. She finally found it, unlocked it and provided a temporary password to use to reset my password. The first time I called, the agent suggested I create another email using Gmail or something. That wasn't acceptable as I have so much tied to this email. She said only a supervisor could give me a code to reser my password. At which time she said a supervisor would call me back. The next day I called back because no supervisor called. The second agent was able to unlock it, but it kept locking up everytime I entered my password. She also was unable to provide a temporary password to use to reset, saying a supervisor would have to call back. So, the 3rd time I called, I just asked to speak to a supervisor, because at that time I knew none of the agents were able to provide a temporary password. The 3rd agent was Sequoia (not a supervisor) and she was diligent enough to locate, unlock and provide a temporary password. She remained on the phone until I successfully reset my password and access my email. 

My advice is to tell them there IS a way to unlock and provide a temporary password and they need to get you an experienced agent who knows how! 

It was very frustrating. Ask to speak to Sequoia. I think her last name was Brown, but not for sure.

Good luck!

ACE - Guru

• 

9.9K Messages

1 year ago

@lampasas111   When was that last time you called and talked to Sequoia?  AT&T has said the official policy as of 9/1 is no more temp passwords. 

• 

4 Messages

1 year ago

She resolved my issue about 2 1/2 weeks ago. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.