Available Now: Buy the new iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max from AT&T!
Need to update email settings?

Related help: Resolve email issues

stogiesaurus's profile

• 

14 Messages

Mon, Jun 20, 2022 3:31 PM

Too many login attempts

I use the "Keep Me logged in for 2 weeks option" with my laptop. when this expires I always get the "too many login attempts" error the first time I try to log back in. I use the password reset option using the same password as before and I'm in for another 2 weeks. This does not happen using the mail client on my iPad as it never expires. Is there a way to fix this on the laptop? I have thought about changing my password but this would require updating all of my devices.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

tonydi

ACE - Guru

• 

7.5K Messages

3 m مضت

Moving your post to the Email forum.

Use the "Forgot Password" and don't change the password, just use the same one you've been using.  That will keep you from having to change it on multiple devices.

Look through the list of topics in this forum and you'll see hundreds of others with the same issue. There is no fix for this issue that's been going on since last October.

• 

14 Messages

3 m مضت

Thanks for the response and for moving the thread tonydi. Yeah, I always reuse the same password. I guess I'll just live with it.

• 

1 Message

2 m مضت

I have the same issue and I reuse my same password over and over again. It happens on my laptop which is windows 11 o/s and also my PC which is windows 10 o/s. My android phone doesn't have these issues but I think I may not be getting all my emails on my phone either.

• 

5 Messages

2 m مضت

So I am having this same issue just like everyone else under the sun, except I have no ability to reset my password because I set my security question answers when I was like 10 so I have no clue what the answers to them could possibly be. Does anyone know of any other way to reset your password or any other workaround to this ridiculous issue? I just need to get access for a week so I can see what I've missed and get all of my stuff moved over to another email that actually works reliably. Any help is appreciated thanks!

• 

2 Messages

2 m مضت

I have the same problem with a Windows 10 laptop using either edge or chrome.

Android phones work ok. Thanks for the workaround of resetting the password using the same password.  Another data point - Yesterday I tried logging out of my Yahoo account / email and then logging back in with the correct password. (This was before the 2 week timeout).  My login attempt fails with care code: 201 [LU100]. I only tried a couple of times so I am not locked out.   It seems the problem is easily reproduced? 

I see other posts related to the basic login problem; the two problems are likely related? Since a security change was recently made using oauth, perhaps the oauth token is not being handled correctly in this case?

tonydi

ACE - Guru

• 

7.5K Messages

2 m مضت

@jeffreysands   No, that's not what is happening.  AT&T is saying "bad actors" are to blame as they attempt to log in and trigger the Yahoo lock out after 6 failed attempts.  As common hacking tools can push thousands of possible passwords per second, you can see why you'd be locked out so quickly.

• 

2 Messages

2 m مضت

hi @tonydi-  I am not locked out so no bad actors this time. I simply cannot login again to yahoo mail from from my windows 10 laptop after I manually logout. I'm doing my login attempts many hours apart so I don't trigger the lock out. Can someone else pls try this?

tonydi

ACE - Guru

• 

7.5K Messages

2 m مضت

I'm sorry, I misread your first post.  That error usually denotes that you need to reset your password. What happens when you try and do that?

I just tried logging in and out without issue but then again my sbc account has never been one of the many affected by these ongoing issues.

• 

13 Messages

9 d مضت

I finally figured out how to deal with this annoying problem. Since this is only an issue when using the Currently ATT Mail page on my PC browser, I simply installed the Blue Mail app from the Microsoft Store. Works great! Problem solved! 

tonydi

ACE - Guru

• 

7.5K Messages

9 d مضت

@problemchild1  STOP

Please don't live up to your username by spamming this exact same message to every post about login problems. 

• 

13 Messages

9 d مضت

FYI keeping the same password while "changing" it STILL requires updating on other devices.

Contributor

• 

5 Messages

9 d مضت

So, there is no answer to this problem?  Someone at AT&T or for sure Yahoo should be working on this mess.  All of my problems with Yahoo Mail started when they wanted to begin charging $5. so we wouldn't receive SPAM email.......what a coincident this was exactly when I began receiving ton loads of SPAM.  I'm sick of Yahoo!

tonydi

ACE - Guru

• 

7.5K Messages

9 d مضت

AT&T says they're working on it.....for months, now.

The spam floods were completely unrelated to the pitches for the Yahoo Mail + program. 

There's nothing in that paid service that would have made any difference with the amount of spam received.  I pointed that out many times but forum members who apparently didn't believe it paid the $5 reported back that it made no difference.

• 

13 Messages

8 d مضت

Sorry. I wasn't spamming. Just trying to get the message out to the many frustrated users out there on the various threads on this forum. 

Contributor

• 

5 Messages

7 d مضت

Thank you, problemchild1, I downloaded the app Blue Mail and no more logging in for me!   That logging in was so frustrating for me - I sometimes check my email half dozen times a day and each and every time I had to pretend that I'd forgotten my password and give myself another password (which was also frustrating as I simply gave the current password and it accepted it).   Thanks again!

(edited)

Need help?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.