elstaci
20th Community Anniversary
#1 Star!
The 5th element!

• 

22 Messages

Wednesday, November 23rd, 2022 1:56 PM

"Too many attempts made " re-occurring error after first log on attempt

For the past year and recently every 2-3 days I need to contact ATT via CHAT to have them Re-sync my ATT Online Accounts for me to be able to have access to my Online ATT Account and Email account.

I was told that it was a bug that had been fixed. Obviously my account wasn't included in the fix since it keeps happening every 2-3 days. very annoying.

If it was a 'Too Many Attempts Made" actual error re-syncing the account wouldn't fix the issue.  I would need to create a new password if that was true to actually fix the problem.

I keep being told this problem will be looked at or it will be escalated etc etc. But I keep getting the error message and need to open a Chat session to sync my online accounts. Especially the last few weeks.

Yet I have access to my wife online email and ATT accounts which is a Sub-email account of the account that  I am having constant issues with.

Has anyone else have a "Too Many Attempts Have Been Made" error after just one attempt?

tonydi

ACE - Guru

• 

9.5K Messages

2 months ago

Known issue, see THIS.  Nearly every post in the Email forum is about this and has been all year!  No fix in sight.

I'm moving this thread to the Email forum.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

29 days ago

Same issue!  It's keeps happening.  No way to fix it unfortunately.  I contacted AT&T and they have no fix for this issue. UGGGHH! It's a recurring problem.  I JUST had it happen again and had to reset password on both laptop and cell phone!  So annoying!!!  And not only have there NOT been "TOO MANY ATTEMPTS", it happens after only trying it ONCE!

tonydi

ACE - Guru

• 

9.5K Messages

29 days ago

If you read the post at the link I provided, you'll see it's not you making too many attempts, it's hackers running automated tools against your account trying to determine the password.  Yahoo locks the account after 6 attempts, which takes a fraction of a second with these tools.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.