Need to update email settings?
traceypritchard's profile

• 

1 Message

Thursday, March 3rd, 2022 12:34 PM

sbcglobal.net

my email is sbcglobal.net.  I am so tired of being directed to att.net.  how do I sign into my email without going through att. I have att internet, I just don't want my email associated with my att sign in.  I'm trying to restore old emails.

ACE - Guru

• 

9.9K Messages

1 year ago

That's "normal", has been for almost a year.  Here is the explanation and workarounds (there is no fix at present).

• 

15 Messages

1 year ago

@Tonydi Followed the link and the "workaround" unfortunately involves "To regain access, you will need to reset your password  " This clearly isn't a solution, as resetting your password requires that you have access to your email :(

ACE - Guru

• 

9.9K Messages

1 year ago

As I said previously, if you have a way to authenticate ownership then you'll need ATTHelp's involvement.  Again, did they respond to you in the other thread you're in?

• 

15 Messages

1 year ago

Tried DM but nobody answers!

ACE - Guru

• 

9.9K Messages

1 year ago

ATTHelp has to initiate the DM and then your only option is to reply.  There's no mechanism for you to initiate one.  And there's a finite limit on how long their DM is available before it expires.  So I take it they never initiated one since it looks like you were back in that thread about 7 hrs after they said they'd DM you.

So you relied to their DM but nothing came back?

The only suggestion I have is to create your own new thread and explain where you're at and hopefully that will get their attention.

• 

15 Messages

1 year ago

@tonydi on the other thread AT&T posted a link and requested that I try to login there; however, that link has expired. AT&T also said that I should try to contact them using DM and that I would find the icon to establish DM next to the notification (aka "Bell") icon. I did that; however although the DM says "You're conversing with an AT&T agent" nobody responds. Do they specific hours of operation?? I can't reall afford to sit by my computer all day waiting for someone to respond...

ACE - Guru

• 

9.9K Messages

1 year ago

ATTHelp Jarod posted two links, one to the normal login page (currently.com) and one to an article about AT&T postmasters.  Those links are still good so I'm not sure what "expired". 

If you've never been sent a DM here before, you won't see the icon until they send one.  Then it will look like the pic below with a red strobe dot at the top of the forum page.

For reasons unknown, ATTHelp don't always send the DM right when they post. 

Again, we're wasting time going back and forth here.  Start a new thread of your own.  If you want to get their help (which as I said from the beginning, may or may not be available depending on your situation) then you're either going to have to monitor for the DM, or, call the 800-288-2020 and spend a bunch of time on hold.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.