Check out AT&T's Valentine's Day Gift Guide for ideas & deals on the new Samsung Galaxy S23!
Need to update email settings?
raven277's profile
raven277
20th Community Anniversary
#1 Star!
The 5th element!

Tutor

• 

18 Messages

Friday, June 17th, 2022 9:51 PM

Sbcglobal email keeps making me change password on windows pc

My yahoo email keeps looping and I have to change my password sometimes every day.  Why is this happening???I know I type my email but it keeps saying too many attempts

raven277

Tutor

• 

18 Messages

7 months ago

I do not have this problem with any other email provider.  I have so many accounts tied to this email so switching would be laborious to say the least. Maybe yahoo should offer us to be able to forward emails free of charge and not requiring us to pay $5 a month

raven277

Tutor

• 

18 Messages

7 months ago

Come on 3 days and I had to change it again.  FIX THIS!!!  ridiculous yahoo cannot resolve this issue

• 

3 Messages

7 months ago

Hello, this keeps happening to me as well. I get an overwhelming amount of spam that goes straight to my inbox daily. I ensure to mark them all as spam and block the email addresses as well. Because of the ridiculous amount of spam I receive, I have already blocked 935 out of my 1000 allowed blocked email addresses, and I am afraid that I will one day no longer be able to even use my sbcglobal email address due to the fact that I will no longer be able to block email addresses I receive spam from. Over time, the spam has gotten worse and worse, and it is very close to taking over my email address making it nearly unusable, but I continue to waste my time in having to keep it clean since so many accounts I have are linked to it.

I believe someone is targeting my email and many others, because along with the spam, I also am prompted to change my password every single time I log in because of "too many sign-in attempts", even though I never tried to log in previously and I know 100% for a fact I am typing in the correct password. I have tried to call and email to resolve these issues multiple times, and no one is ever able to do anything, and my problems keep getting ignored (and getting worse!)

I have serious concerns along with the other users reporting the same issues as I have had this email for a long time, and a lot of my important personal accounts are linked to it, so my ability to access this email is critical. Another important piece of information is that this is not only happening to just me, but everyone else in my family as well. So it appears that this issue is more widespread than ATT believes it to be, because I feel like if they knew how many people were actually affected, they might consider doing something about it. Just because you only hear complaints from a few users doesn't mean many others aren't experiencing it. Im just determined and persistent enough to keep bothering you to do something about it.

It appears that ATT posted on here a month ago that this was a known issue and that they were working to resolve it, however, my issues have only gotten worse and it seems like this problem always gets ignored/slips through the cracks since its been a month, if not more, since any updates on this issue have been posted. PLEASE DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS ASAP.

• 

10 Messages

7 months ago

Dont listen to the "ATT community support suggestion". The easiest and BEST solution...Cancel all your emails with ATT and go somewhere else. Nothing but grief dealing with them.

• 

3 Messages

7 months ago

Definitely easier said than done, but I 100% agree with you and have seriously been contemplating that option

• 

1 Message

6 months ago

This has been happening to my son and I for months. It's when we access email from both our phones and the desktop computer. He is now only accessing email though his phone and it's fine but he says that weekly he was having to reset if he used both devices. 

I thought it was because I accessed my email through the email feature on my iPhone and not the Yahoo app.  So, after literally months of almost DAILY password resets, I got the Yahoo app on my phone, deleted sbcglobal.net as a mail account on my phone, and the problem was better for a few days.  Now we're back at daily resets.  I'm going to start switching to Gmail (which I know has it's own set of issues).  This is ridiculous.

• 

3 Messages

6 months ago

Spam is all from today. Still have to change password every time i log in.

• 

1 Message

6 months ago

It is not even letting me change my password. I've been waiting to chat with an agent for over an hour. I have not been able to receive emails for two days. I need to access my emails! S.O.S.

• 

1 Message

5 months ago

I feel your pain because I have the exact same problem.  I think AT&T is penalizing us sbcglobal.net "legacy" users and wants us to create a new email account at least this is the excuse I hear from AT&T tech support reps.  Don't know about others, but I created this account about 20 yrs. ago and all my contacts,  correspondence is tied to it.  My response to AT&T is you created this mess now fix it!

raven277

Tutor

• 

18 Messages

5 months ago

2 days in a row I had to change friggin password!!!! (Edited per community guidelines) are you doing...not good business practice screwing legacy users. I did not reach my limit to sign on!!!

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.