Check out AT&T's Valentine's Day Gift Guide for ideas & deals on the new Samsung Galaxy S23!
Need to update email settings?
mcbertram's profile

• 

4 Messages

Tuesday, March 1st, 2022 9:20 PM

Recent massive failure in Sp*m filtering

About three weeks ago, I started getting flooded with Sp*m. I have spoken with other ATT based e-mail users who have experienced the same. It looks like Current/Yahoo stopped filtering Sp*m. There does not seem to be a way to contact either of those companies to get the issue resolved. Can someone at ATT help us out. It is nearly a third of my e-mail at this point. Setting filters does not help because senders never use the same domain twice.

tonydi

ACE - Guru

• 

9.7K Messages

8 months ago

@kingofaxx  Are you talking to me?  If so, it seems pretty simple.  This thread was in the wrong forum (Internet) so I moved it here.

(edited)

• 

13 Messages

8 months ago

tonydi
tonydi,

Whats wrong with this thread? It seems to me, this is the perfect place, because of all of the Bull-Ends Spam we're all getting.

Like you wrote; "*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own."

My opinion is It Belongs Here, unless I'm not permitted to have one.

You know what they say about "Opinions".

tonydi

ACE - Guru

• 

9.7K Messages

8 months ago

For someone who wants answers in English, you're sure having a difficult time of it.

This thread was originally in the INTERNET forum.  You added your comment to this thread when it was in the wrong forum, because that's where you found it.

The thread is about EMAIL, which now has its own forum.  I simply move the thread there where is was appropriate.

Express away!

• 

13 Messages

8 months ago

It has to do with Spam, as that's what everyone else is Posting about on this Thread..

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

8 months ago

@kingofaxx   Allow me to offer some clarity: 

TPTB recently recreated this EMAIL forum as a separate forum from the generic INTERNET Forum.   @tonydi took the opportunity to move this thread from the INTERNET Forum to the more specific EMAIL Forum

Apparently there have been so many issues with AT&T email that someone felt the need to create a whole NEW forum to address just Email issues.

Perhaps you have not visited the forums lately so you were unaware of the addition of this new Email Forum.

(edited)

• 

13 Messages

8 months ago

Ah, but why weren't the others moved? Do I need to list all of the other Posts that mention Spam on these pages? Why was mine singled out?

I appreciate tonydi's help.

tonydi

ACE - Guru

• 

9.7K Messages

8 months ago

I move them as I come across them.  I only look at threads that are active (blue subject text in the list of threads).  Your post caused a "dormant" thread to turn blue so when I opened it and saw it was email-related, I moved it.  Moving it had nothing to do with you or what you said.

My understanding was that when the Email forum was created that existing "email" threads would be moved as part of the process.  Unfortunately that wasn't the case.  I'm sure there are probably thousands of email posts that are still in the two Internet forums.  Certainly not worth anyone's time to manually go find them all and move them.

• 

13 Messages

8 months ago

So, it's up to one person who doesn't work for AT&T to pick and choose what Post and where to move them.

Is it more likely mine was deleted?

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

8 months ago

Are you talking about THIS POST you made last year?

It's still in the Internet Forum but I can move it if you want.

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

19.7K Messages

8 months ago

@skeeterintexas  That's one that I responded to. I never saw a reply back, so.....

I get very few spam posts, but then again my email provider is not AT&T/Yahoo.

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.