Pre-order the new Google Pixel 7, Google Pixel 7 Pro and new Google Pixel Watch - Online Now!
Need to update email settings?
mcbertram's profile

• 

4 Messages

Tue, Mar 1, 2022 9:20 PM

Recent massive failure in Sp*m filtering

About three weeks ago, I started getting flooded with Sp*m. I have spoken with other ATT based e-mail users who have experienced the same. It looks like Current/Yahoo stopped filtering Sp*m. There does not seem to be a way to contact either of those companies to get the issue resolved. Can someone at ATT help us out. It is nearly a third of my e-mail at this point. Setting filters does not help because senders never use the same domain twice.

• 

13 Messages

Il y a 4 m

Ah, but why weren't the others moved? Do I need to list all of the other Posts that mention Spam on these pages? Why was mine singled out?

I appreciate tonydi's help.

tonydi

ACE - Guru

• 

7.5K Messages

Il y a 3 m

I move them as I come across them.  I only look at threads that are active (blue subject text in the list of threads).  Your post caused a "dormant" thread to turn blue so when I opened it and saw it was email-related, I moved it.  Moving it had nothing to do with you or what you said.

My understanding was that when the Email forum was created that existing "email" threads would be moved as part of the process.  Unfortunately that wasn't the case.  I'm sure there are probably thousands of email posts that are still in the two Internet forums.  Certainly not worth anyone's time to manually go find them all and move them.

• 

13 Messages

Il y a 3 m

So, it's up to one person who doesn't work for AT&T to pick and choose what Post and where to move them.

Is it more likely mine was deleted?

ACE - Expert

• 

23.2K Messages

Il y a 3 m

Are you talking about THIS POST you made last year?

It's still in the Internet Forum but I can move it if you want.

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

18.9K Messages

Il y a 3 m

@skeeterintexas  That's one that I responded to. I never saw a reply back, so.....

I get very few spam posts, but then again my email provider is not AT&T/Yahoo.

(edited)

• 

13 Messages

Il y a 3 m

No.

I replied here because it came up when "Searching" the over abundance of SPAM in my email every night.

I don't believe I Posted anything last year, and for quite some time. I don't like to waste time asking a question, if it's going to be ignored, moved to some mythical place where (Again) it'll be ignored, or better yet, I'll lose more fictitious Badges for some fictitious reason. Ut-oh... I better stop typing, or I'll get accused of "Ranting".

It seems some non AT&T Employee, and/or (Alleged) Moderator(s) have an issue with some people stating the obvious, or asking a question.

• 

13 Messages

Il y a 3 m

OttoPylot,

(Humor Alert) You should be Dubbed King of the Internet. (End Humor Alert).

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

18.9K Messages

Il y a 3 m

@kingofaxx  When we moved to another state, I kept my email account with my old provider because I didn't want to change all of our business accounts etc etc. So I pay $6 per month to maintain that email account which has probably one of the best spam filtering of any provider around. I just periodically check the Gray Mail folder (trapped spam) to make sure that nothing important was trapped there and then delete. I use Gmail for everything else. I also use a very aggressive password protection program.

The only spam I get now are the Geek Squad and Norton notifications that my non-existent subscriptions have expired. And I only get 2 or 3 per week so it's easy to handle.

tonydi

ACE - Guru

• 

7.5K Messages

Il y a 3 m

@kingofaxx  You've posted 11 times, including some last year.  More than 3/4 of your posts are either complaining about where your comments are or were moved to, or attacking people who are here just trying to keep things orderly and trying to help.

If you have a complaint about an AT&T product, need help in solving an issue relating to the product or even want to provide helpful comments to others who are seeking support, have at it.  If you want to just disrupt the forum with that other stuff, I'll be more than happy to use one other tool at our disposal.

(edited)

• 

13 Messages

Il y a 3 m

OttoPylot

You think I'd know better. To comment, or ask a question on AT&T is asking for a (Metaphorical) kick in the teeth.

I wonder how many Badges I'll lose this time.

• 

13 Messages

Il y a 3 m

I just looked up the ONE from last year and No One was attacked. Try another one. Prior to last year, I can't find any record.

As for now... Well use your imagination. You seem to have a very good one.

I won't be back.

tonydi

ACE - Guru

• 

7.5K Messages

Il y a 3 m

Not under this user name, but we look forward to your next visit, tools at the ready.

dellray

• 

106 Messages

Il y a 3 m

99.99% of spam comes in through BCC so you cannot block the unknown domain, so why doesn't "currently" have a filter for it?

• 

2 Messages

Il y a 3 m

I'm 100% certain there's a connection between the introduction of Yahoo+ and the sudden flood of junk mail. It's as if Yahoo just turned off the filters to drive everyone onto their paid service. It makes me want to delete my account and switch. 

AT&T should have the juice to force an improvement but I'm not holding my breath. 

tonydi

ACE - Guru

• 

7.5K Messages

Il y a 3 m

@misemici  What a brilliant business plan that would be.....create a lot of issues to tick people off, offer a paid service, hope some users give up in desperation and pay up only to find that none of the problems have gone away. 🙄

I can already confirm that some people who have one or more of the 6-7 current issues plaguing Yahoo/AT&T mail have paid up and discovered nothing has changed except their wallet is now $5/mo lighter.

But since you're 100% certain I suspect nothing I say will change your mind.

Need help?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.