Need to update email settings?
ajlacy1's profile

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, November 24th, 2022 2:26 AM

Question regarding message about mailboxes being closed

I received the following message yesterday and saw it today.

We are closing all Old Version of our Mailbox Today.

"Starting F rom the 25th of November 2022, att.net customers will no longer be able to log in to their email and AT&T billing accounts through email address  with the following domains:  yahoo.comatt.netameritech.netbellsouth.netflash.net,nvbell.netpacbell. netprodigy.netsbcglobal. netsnet.netswbell.net, and wans.net."

I am unable to click on the button claiming it will allow me to update my account.

I am attempting to find out if this is legitimate and what I can do to keep my emails active.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

[email scrubbed]

tonydi

ACE - Guru

• 

9.5K Messages

2 months ago

You weren't sure it was legit but you were trying to click on the button anyway? 

It's NOT legit, it's a PHISHING scam designed to steal your login credentials.  Delete it with the understanding they will probably keep sending you the email in the coming days and just incrementing the drop dead date.  Delete again, move on.

• 

2 Messages

2 months ago

Yes I'm normally careful but this one caught me off guard.  I always say don't do that and I did it.  

tonydi

ACE - Guru

• 

9.5K Messages

2 months ago

Glad the button didn't work.  😁  Some others reported here that they went through with it and their accounts are currently inaccessible so these guys don't wait long to take advantage.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.