For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need to update email settings?
Patrick45's profile

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, June 15th, 2022 1:49 PM

Problems reading emails

I've been receiving many emails that I'm unable to read. They appear to be in some "Programmer Format"? It's not on all emails but on many of them. I don't have a clue how to correct it? What do I need to do... or where do I go for help? I called DELL and was told it was a software issue and I needed to contact sbcglobal.net.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Guru

• 

9.9K Messages

2 years ago

Yes, there's some sort of issue at Yahoo that is causing this.  You're not the first to report it in this Email forum.

Since Yahoo controls the servers nobody at AT&T is going to be able to help you.  I'm sure at some point ATTHelp will be along to give you crappy suggestions that don't work and maybe even set up a private DM session to get "personal information" so they can address it.  It's all window dressing, they have no clue as to why and no mechanism to fix it.

As I've told other users, this is something that (hopefully) Yahoo will accidentally trip across and fix....at some point.

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Thank you tonydi! I'm relieved to know that others are having this issue and your explanation gives me some hope of it being corrected. I've noticed it more with "Newsmax" emails so maybe they'll become aware of it and get Yahoo's attention. 

ACE - Guru

• 

9.9K Messages

2 years ago

Just curious, are you using Windows Mail or some other client to access the email?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.