For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need to update email settings?
Jim_in_Monroe's profile

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, June 15th, 2022 12:39 PM

Password change required almost daily. Is someone trying to hack my email account? What can be done?

Years ago, my email account was hacked.  Since then, I change my password frequently.  For the past few months, I login only to find out I need to change the password. - almost daily.  What can be done to retain the same password for more than a few days.  Can Att determine if someone is trying to get into my account?

Thanks,

Jim

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

Obviously I have not read the other posts, and I now see this is a common issue.

No need to reply, as I'll just monitor the other posts and hope Att can fix the issue.

oh well, at least I'm getting good at changing my pw quickly.

ACE - Guru

• 

9.9K Messages

2 years ago

So you saw you have a little bit of company, eh Jim?  😁

If you haven't tripped across it in some of the other threads, you don't have to change the pwd, you can just keep entering the same one.  That saves you the trouble of making the change to every other device you might have that access the email.

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

I can literally use the exact same password each time it prompts me to change it.

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

Charlotte,

I'm not sure this is a hacker issue.  More likely an ATT issue.  There are quite a few members that have the same issue.  I did learn that I can use the same pw, and that helps a lot.  The request to change my password is almost daily.  More often than not.  I've learned to live with it.

Jim in Monroe

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.