AT&T Holiday Deals & Gifts - Don't miss these holiday deals on the latest devices!
Need to update email settings?
ahapdx's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Fri, Jun 26, 2015 5:45 PM

Closed

Must reset password EVERY time I log in

For whatever reason, I cannot sign into my account without resetting my password every time I log in.  I reset the password to the same thing every time.  Not only is this a TERRIBLE user experience, this is unacceptable for a large tech company to not be able to get this right.  

Tigereyze209

Professor

• 

3.9K Messages

7 years ago

Is the option remember me, checked in your login screen?

Or, perhaps your web browser in not set to save entered passwords.

Can't think of any reason myatt would have to make anyone reset their passwords. Definattly not worked that way for me.

Darknessrise

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

7 years ago

@ahapdx

What's actually requiring you to reset your password? It is saying your password is incorrect each time? Are you sure no one else has access to your account and keeps changing it along with you?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

This is happening to me as well. I log on (correctly), then it asks me for my email address, I type that in...next page says I have more than 1 account and gives me the choice to click AT&T Access ID or AT&T Account Manager.  Clicking either one takes me to reset my password. If I click the "Personal" tab in the top left, I go back to the home page and have to start over. This happens on my laptop & my smart phone app.  Any suggestions yet?

Darknessrise

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

7 years ago

@ahapdx

What happens if you use http://mail.yahoo.com/ to log into your account? Does the same thing happen?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

No, I am able to get into my yahoo email as well as my att.net email with no problems.  It's only when trying to log on to view my wireless bill on att.com that is giving me issues. 

Darknessrise

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

7 years ago

@nick1234

Oh, I see now. Hmm, well, that's strange. Have you tried another browser to see if it's also occuring with a different browser? What happens if you log into your My AT&T account using the direct bill link of https://www.att.com/olam/passthroughAction.myworld?actionType=BillPayments

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

I went to "Forgot User ID/Password" page, chose the forgot user ID and password option (just to make sure I wasn't missing something), answered my questions, reset the password and now I'm in.  I've logged off and closed the browser, then logged back on and came right back to my account overview.  I'm really not sure what I was doing wrong, thank you for taking the time to help me. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

For whatever reason, I cannot sign into my account without resetting my password every time I log in.  I reset the password to the same thing every time.  Not only is this a TERRIBLE user experience, this is unacceptable for a large tech company to not be able to get this right.  

I have talked to ATT.NET tech support, with NO RESOLUTION. They have escalated and still NO RESOLUTION.  I called them about 3 or 4 times on this issue and have spent over 10 (TEN) hours trying to get this to work.  

I have tried 3 different browsers and all do the SAME EXACT Thing.

What is strange, I have several SUB-ACCOUNTs under my Primary/Main Account.  This issue ONLY occurs with my Primary/Main account.  My sub-accounts are okay.

This started about 6 months ago.   

One ATT.NET person told me, "What do you expect with a FREE ACCOUNT"?  I have had this account for almost 20 years, I won't change (they've asked me to delete and try another one!!).

WHY CAN'T ANYONE at AT&T figure this out?????????????????

• 

1 Message

I am having this same issue logging in to the yahoo webmail. In addition, now my email on my phone is not working either. I guess maybe it is time to dump AT&T all together.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

3 years ago

Just a thought, but do you use Norton Secure VPN? If so, have you tried logging in with the VPN disabled? I went through the same thing with my online banking account, and it turned out that the VPN was blocking my access.

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

I am having the same problem after "Currently" took over my AT&T / Yahoo acct.

It is a real pain in the ___!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.