Our Community Forum will be shutting down on June 27, 2024. Please visit att.com/support for all your support needs.
Need to update email settings?
drdelacruz's profile

• 

1 Message

Friday, July 8th, 2022 4:32 PM

Locked out of Bellsouth.net email on computer

I have a bellsouth.net email account and I can't get into it on my computer.  I have been able to access via phone.  I have gone to myATT.com and tried all of the options.  I somehow changes an email that lets me log into my old ATT account (for internet and TV, not email).  after changing password, etc, I tried to log in again and got the "looks like youve tried to log in too many times.  Recover your ID or reset your password to continue.  care code 205.2 [LU003].

Please help, this has been my primary email for past 15 years.

Mentor

• 

289 Messages

2 years ago

@thompsam2   I agree.. I do not think it is a hacking issue... I honestly think there is a problem in the program for the log in process and the AT&T people on here (and on their phone) need to get this issue bumped to the top programmer for the company.  they need to fix the log in process in the software...   I had the same issue with my bank about 3 years ago and within 5 minutes they fixed it and I've never had a problem again with them...  I've worked with programmers for years... a programmer needs to get it and look at the writing of the log in process and find out what the problem is..  that is my opinion...  I'm not an expert... but it makes much more sense than telling people that this is a hacking issue.   IF they think there is a hacking issue, they should set up a two-step verification so that every time you sign in to your email, they text you a verification code to enter...  (and give people a choice of a text message or a phone call or a backup email to use for the verification code)... 

Good luck to you .. God bless 

Mentor

• 

289 Messages

2 years ago

@AtomT   good luck to you.. I've been fighting with this mess for months now and it's frustrating they don't fix it..  I honestly think they need to get a top programmer to look at the programming for the log in process in the software...  when my bank can fix this type problem in 5 minutes, AT&T has a problem if they can't get it fixed.  I think someone made a change in the software and caused the issue and they need to fix it...  this is just my opinion.. I'm not an expert on programming software, but I've worked with a lot of programmers...   I don't believe it is a hacking problem at all.. I think it is a programming issue   God bless

• 

11 Messages

2 years ago

Some good news to report.  After 2 calls to the support number (1st CSR was of no help), the 2nd CSR was able to generate   a temporary password for me and I am happily able to access my legacy bellsouth.net email again.  The CSR did tell me that they only way I could have resolved this was to speak to someone.

Hope others reading this are able to achieve similar success. 

• 

18 Messages

2 years ago

@thompsam2  That’s good. What’s the support number you used to get back into your legacy email? Are you also an ATT current customer or no?

• 

18 Messages

2 years ago

@Mamacat104 Thanks. I don’t think it’s a hacking issue too but anything is possible and they could be keeping it hush hush too. I believe that’s what happened several years ago when they or yahoo got hacked but it was much later after everyone found out about it 

• 

18 Messages

2 years ago

@thompsam2 @Also, how did you access your email? Do you go through currently.com or the att sign page with currently.com??

• 

11 Messages

2 years ago

@AtomT @The.number I used was 800-288-2020. The first time I called today the person I spoke to was clearly overseas and didn’t have a clue as to how to help me. While I didn’t ask, the second call I made was I believe taken by someone in the US and was aware of the problems with legacy email access that has been happening. She knew exactly what to do. I am not currently a paying customer of any AT&T services. 

I typically access my email via the Mac and iOS Mail applications. I will also occasionally use a browser and log on from the yahoo.com page. 

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

@ATTHelp My issue is exactly the same as @AtomT  have had bellsouth.net email for over 20 years. Around aug 27 started asking for verification but does not recognize my email. How can I get this resolved? Tried phone call was told to expect call back, that was Sunday still no call back. 

• 

18 Messages

2 years ago

@thompsam2 i just got off the phone with what sounded like an overseas person and they tried to “change” my password but then came back and said they don’t have the option to do that anymore as of 3 days ago and I should just go ahead and create a new one. It’s the same number you called. It’s a ridiculous answer and makes no sense.

• 

18 Messages

2 years ago

@thompsam2 @Mamacat104  So current standing and consensus according to “MJ” on their technical support is that there is a hacking issue and fraudulent activity on Yahoo’s end that they are still working on that is causing the problems with everyone’s legacy emails. ATT apparently removed from their end the ability to reset your password on their end because of the fraudulent activity. So I’m summary it’s a Yahoo issue it seems and their systems they are working on to get the hackers out of before any legacy emails will work correctly on the normal pages to login into. They can’t help me on their end and I can’t login on my end because the system doesn’t accept what I put in. I guess it’s a waiting game until Yahoo resolves everything ultimately. I did notice Several weeks before my @bellsouth.net kicked me out on my iPhone and needed re-verification that I got lots of spam emails in a day every day for weeks out of nowhere and it didn’t use to be like that. So the hacker theory now in hindsight adds up. Especially hearing them admit that now and that’s why they can’t reset yahoo email addresses from their end right now and how I can’t get into it from my end currently. Wish they would have a widespread company memo to everyone that calls about it though instead of me going through hoops to get that kind of answer. Yahoo seems to be keeping it hush hush too.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.