Our Community Forum will be shutting down on June 27, 2024. Please visit att.com/support for all your support needs.
Need to update email settings?
drdelacruz's profile

• 

1 Message

Friday, July 8th, 2022 4:32 PM

Locked out of Bellsouth.net email on computer

I have a bellsouth.net email account and I can't get into it on my computer.  I have been able to access via phone.  I have gone to myATT.com and tried all of the options.  I somehow changes an email that lets me log into my old ATT account (for internet and TV, not email).  after changing password, etc, I tried to log in again and got the "looks like youve tried to log in too many times.  Recover your ID or reset your password to continue.  care code 205.2 [LU003].

Please help, this has been my primary email for past 15 years.

ACE - Guru

• 

9.9K Messages

2 years ago

I hear ya.  You're right, this is not a new thing for Yahoo Mail.  It crops up from time to time (even with yahoo.com addresses) but obviously not to the extent we're seeing it here.

It is curious as to how this has rolled out and now all of a sudden it's seemed to really ramp up in the last couple of weeks.

AT&T has never felt an obligation to do anything with the Yahoo/AT&T email service, whether you are a paid customer or one using an older account after leaving AT&T.  It's always been treated as them doing us a favor by offering the service and when Bad Things happen, they often try and pawn you off onto Yahoo "support". 

• 

11 Messages

2 years ago

@tonydi you are probably right but when I was a customer of ATT, a weekend call was guaranteed to be routed to an overseas call center that was totally script driven and mostly useless. My experience with weekdays was you had a chance of getting someone who could help or at least push it up to level 2 support who didn’t seem to be available on the weekend.

ACE - Guru

• 

9.9K Messages

2 years ago

Ohhh, you mean back when "support" wasn't considered a black hole that they just poured money into without any perceived return?  😁

Yeah, those days are gone.  Hire people in far away places who work for next to nothing, give them almost zero training and step on their necks to maintain call completions metrics at un-meetable levels.  Fire the failures, rinse, lather, repeat.

• 

13 Messages

2 years ago

WOW.... how ironic. My account has been working on my phone for the past few months (only the phone and not a computer) and suddenly when I start commenting again in this thread it just STOPPED working for no reason. Now says the password is incorrect. What a LOAD OF BULLS***T from ATT. I am most likely never going to be able to get back into this account since nobody has been able to solve the issue. 15+ years of emails and information probably lost. I can now choose to spend several hours of on the phone with support that won't be able to help me.

• 

13 Messages

2 years ago

UPDATE: I JUST called ATT and the person was able to fix the issue. I have an ATT wireless account and my bellsouth.net email account which are two different accounts. He sent me a temp password via text and I entered it into currently.com which is how I login to bellsouth email and the password reset worked. Not sure if all the previous hours spent working on this were tech errors on the other side or if the devs finally fixed the system to work but I am finally back in on my laptop which I have not been able to do since May. Happy for now but fully expecting it to stop working again.

Mentor

• 

289 Messages

2 years ago

@wbdarrow    That's great.. hope it keeps working for you...    I got logged off he email on the PC Thursday afternoon and was afraid I was going to have to go through hoops to get back in..  when I brought up the login screen and entered my email and my password, it actually took me straight into my email without having to reset it.. so right now, my fingers are crossed that the next time they log me off I will be able to get back on without an issues...  With the box checked to keep me logged in for 2 weeks, I figure they will be logging me out again around the 8th of September... 

Hope they got it fixed and you and others will have no more issues...    Have good day ... and God bless

• 

13 Messages

2 years ago

@Mamacat104 Glad that you were able to get back in. Mine works on my laptop at home and my phone but when I got to work this morning and tried to login I am getting the error now that I have tried to login unsuccessfully too many times. Still works on my phone for now because I am logged in but I am afraid to logout now on my laptop or phone because I might not be able to get back in. Makes me wonder if someone is trying to hack into my email and trying unsuccessfully too many times and that is why it keeps getting locked.

• 

11 Messages

2 years ago

@wbdarrow That was my first thought until I found a few threads on the forum indicating this was not just me.  Plus if it was someone trying to access my account, I would have been able to reset my password as I would have easily passed the security questions challenge.

Mentor

• 

289 Messages

2 years ago

@wbdarrow   same with me.. it worked once, but I don't know if it will work again when they log me out next week after I've been on for two weeks...  I honestly do not think that we are being hacked and that's the reason for this problem..  I think it's an excuse they are using....  About 3 years ago, I was trying to log into my bank and I got the same message, that I tried to log in too many times and they actually locked my account so I called them on the phone and told them what happened (I had only one time tried to log in) and in 5 minutes they fixed the problem and I've never had it happen again.   It is something in the log in process that they need to go in a fix... I do not believe it is a hacking issue...  and if they are so sure that people are being hacked, why don't they set up a two-step verification for all their email users.. so when we sign in, they send us a code on the phone and we have to then enter a code to get in.. I'm all for that.. I use it with other accounts...  Because anyone hacking in, would not get the code to go in...     But I honestly don't think we are being hacked... 

I hope when they log me out again,  I will be able to get back in..   I use my PC for emails 99.9% of the time so I gave up trying to use it on the phone in case of emergency to send a message to family & friends when net is down and set up a new email address to use on the phone for the 1% of the time when I need to send something from the phone...  I hate just reading and responding to emails on the phone..  much easier for me using my PC... And it scares me to lose access to my email because all my bills are sent to it and all my important business stuff, doctors, etc..  send stuff to me through my email..  I need it to be reliable.   I sure hope they get this insanity fixed for everyone dealing with this mess...  The AT&T people on here need to keep pushing this problem up the ladder to top programmers at the company and the people answering their repair number needs to do the same thing... they must get a programmer involved in fix this... I do believe it is a programming issue for the log in process..   Good bless you and good luck

• 

18 Messages

2 years ago

@wbdarrow im glad it works for you. It doesn’t work for me still. I’m not an ATT customer anymore but I still use my bellsouth email account here and there. Ir still won’t work on the computer by going to yahoo.com and it won’t work on my mail

app either on my phone.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.