Need to update email settings?
ATTU-verseCare's profile
Community Support

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

Tuesday, September 27th, 2016 3:50 PM

How to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T

You are here because you can't sign in to your email or you forgot one of your many passwords. Resetting your password is one of the fastest solutions. Let's get started!

How To Change Your Password

Go to www.att.com or use the myAT&T app:

1. Login to the myAT&T app, scroll, and select "My plans & features"

2. Hit the "plus" button next to your service and select "Manage my network & email"

3. Select "Change Email Password" 

Note: If you are still unable to log in after resetting your password, wait 12 hours for the system to update and try again.

Security Questions Help & Free Accounts

If you recently attempted to reset your password, you can use your account at www.att.com to reset it. Please note:

• The email must be tied to an active account for a password reset to work
  • Free emails do not have the option to reset via an att.com unless there is an account tied to it

Free Email 

A free email is a standalone email account that once was tied to an AT&T account. Once that account is canceled, AT&T no longer has the ability to reset your password. In order to reset your password, you must use your security questions to reset it

If you do not remember your security questions/ answers. AT&T WILL NOT reset your account. This is done to protect personal information since we cannot validate the email address. It is like giving away the keys to your car without verifying it is belongs to you.  AT&T currently has no workaround for these types of issues and is unable to assist.

Email Tips & Troubleshooting Solutions 

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Still need help? Ask a question! Our 1.4 million members typically respond within 1 hour.

2 Attachments

Community Support

• 

230.4K Messages

7 years ago

Hi @Bronco66,

We apologize about the confusions. Your post may have been moved, but hopefully, you can now see the thread. If not, here is a link back to it. 

-ATTU-verseCarehttps://forums.att.com/t5/AT-T-Internet-Email-Security/How-to-Reset-your-Email-Password-using-myAT-amp-T/m-p/4933993#M12465

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

i got problems lets get this email log in going.

Community Support

• 

230.4K Messages

7 years ago

Hello @IGOTAPROBLEM,

We sorry to hear you are having email login issues.  If there is something in addition to what is offered in this article, please give us further details on what issue you are having.

Thanks.

-ATTU-verseCare

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Hi, I have a sbcglobal.net account and I guess for security reasons the account has recently been logged out. The password has always been saved to all my devices so It's been a while since my last login. I forgot my password, username, and the answers to my security questions. Is there another way I can access my account?
The email is :

[Edited for privacy-This is a public forum. Please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Was checkin yahoo email when kicked off site. Wouldnt accept what I am sure is password since I changed it 2 days ago. Reset p/w form ONLY allows resetti g by entering favorite author and 1st job. Ive forgotten these answers fromyears ago No way to send text. HELP. There must be another way. So If I cant remember the 2 answers i can never access email again?

Tutor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I'm unable to logon to my email account. I go through password reset and the only option I'm afforded is the two challenge questions. I KNOW my answers are correct and typed correctly, yet I'm being told that one or both of them are incorrect. How do I resolve this?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

hello! I'm trying to change my password and when I try to, its not showing me the security questions. its just blank and I'm not sure what to answer or put in the space below. I have tried changing security settings but I still need to answer it before it will let me do anything. should I just contact support? ive tried searching the posts here and no luck. xbox account has been hacked and I'm pretty sure my email too, so trying to change password asap.  tnx to anyone that can help.

edit: I just realized that maybe hacker put blanks on security questions? maybe?

btw I have tried putting blanks and random answers in there

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I cannot get into Att,Net  My Password Does not work.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I can't log into my Yahoo at&t email account I "ABSOLUTELY" am giving it the correct password and it will not let me in. This happened about 4 weeks ago when once again I gave it the "correct password" and it still would not let me in and forced me to change the password again. I am sick of this hassle. Please get rid of Yahoo !!! It is a total pain. I am trying to read my email now so I can get the code it sent me to log into my AT&T account so I can change my auto pay credit card #. Around and around and around we go. I am about ready to quit AT&T because of this. Last time I had to get on the phone with AT&T for 30 minutes to keep my old password. You have a serious system problem and will start losing customers like me.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I can't remember my password to my bellsouth.net account. Not sure if correct phone number is associated with account.

I could answer the security questions but it does not give me that option.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.