Need to update email settings?
ATTU-verseCare's profile
Community Support

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

Tuesday, September 27th, 2016 3:50 PM

How to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T

You are here because you can't sign in to your email or you forgot one of your many passwords. Resetting your password is one of the fastest solutions. Let's get started!

How To Change Your Password

Go to www.att.com or use the myAT&T app:

1. Login to the myAT&T app, scroll, and select "My plans & features"

2. Hit the "plus" button next to your service and select "Manage my network & email"

3. Select "Change Email Password" 

Note: If you are still unable to log in after resetting your password, wait 12 hours for the system to update and try again.

Security Questions Help & Free Accounts

If you recently attempted to reset your password, you can use your account at www.att.com to reset it. Please note:

• The email must be tied to an active account for a password reset to work
  • Free emails do not have the option to reset via an att.com unless there is an account tied to it

Free Email 

A free email is a standalone email account that once was tied to an AT&T account. Once that account is canceled, AT&T no longer has the ability to reset your password. In order to reset your password, you must use your security questions to reset it

If you do not remember your security questions/ answers. AT&T WILL NOT reset your account. This is done to protect personal information since we cannot validate the email address. It is like giving away the keys to your car without verifying it is belongs to you.  AT&T currently has no workaround for these types of issues and is unable to assist.

Email Tips & Troubleshooting Solutions 

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Still need help? Ask a question! Our 1.4 million members typically respond within 1 hour.

2 Attachments

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

This email is very old, it's been around since I was little, now that I'm trying to enter it so I can access a game online, I'm locked out. I have been over 13 for a few years now and I was wondering if it was possible if I could somehow get my way back into the email. It states that I need an adult or parent to access my account, I highly doubt my parents still use that account considering they have been using other emails for years now. Please help ASAP.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

help me creat new att online to view my usage for dsl i no longer have access to gpbivens@sbcglobal.com i need to reset usser id and password please help

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Can not access email account.  It was working 6/21/2017 on iPad and iPhone 6s. I have the correct user ID and password.  Any assistance would greatly appreciated.

-----

[Edited for privacy-This is a public forum. Please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

Yesterday I started having this problem. I can receive emails in outlook 2016 but when I try to send I get an error to check my login and password. I have 2 other email addresses set up in outlook and they do not have that problem. It's only my bellsouth email. All the setting used to work 2 days ago.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

can not get my yahoo pass word

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I cannot remember my offline Security answer and therefore cannot add a sub-account.  Help!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I can't reset my email password. The system takes me directly to my security question s and I don't remember the answers. How do I reset?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I forgot my password and I also forgot answer to security question.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I can not find my information that I did with my technician the day they hook me up user id password all of that and I can not get to my emaili need to start over to make my acct. online please!!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I've had a Yahoo! email account for years.  At some point, it was connected to my AT&T account.  I moved a few years ago and no longer have an AT&T account.  Now, when I go into Yahoo! to attempt to change my password, I get a message saying my account is connected to AT&T and I need to go to them for assistance.  When I go to AT&T I'm told my account with them is closed and they cannot help.  Any suggestions out there?

Thanks - Jeff.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.