Need to update email settings?
ATTU-verseCare's profile
Community Support

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

Tuesday, September 27th, 2016 3:50 PM

How to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T

You are here because you can't sign in to your email or you forgot one of your many passwords. Resetting your password is one of the fastest solutions. Let's get started!

How To Change Your Password

Go to www.att.com or use the myAT&T app:

1. Login to the myAT&T app, scroll, and select "My plans & features"

2. Hit the "plus" button next to your service and select "Manage my network & email"

3. Select "Change Email Password" 

Note: If you are still unable to log in after resetting your password, wait 12 hours for the system to update and try again.

Security Questions Help & Free Accounts

If you recently attempted to reset your password, you can use your account at www.att.com to reset it. Please note:

• The email must be tied to an active account for a password reset to work
  • Free emails do not have the option to reset via an att.com unless there is an account tied to it

Free Email 

A free email is a standalone email account that once was tied to an AT&T account. Once that account is canceled, AT&T no longer has the ability to reset your password. In order to reset your password, you must use your security questions to reset it

If you do not remember your security questions/ answers. AT&T WILL NOT reset your account. This is done to protect personal information since we cannot validate the email address. It is like giving away the keys to your car without verifying it is belongs to you.  AT&T currently has no workaround for these types of issues and is unable to assist.

Email Tips & Troubleshooting Solutions 

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Still need help? Ask a question! Our 1.4 million members typically respond within 1 hour.

2 Attachments

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

how do i get a new password?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

I been having the same issues, I am not able to log in to Yahoo email. I am being redirected to reset my password and it takes me to AT&T website. Yahoo is linked to my ATT. I need to know what I can do to recover a password that works so I am able to get access to my e-mails? 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

So, yesterday my snet.net (one of the old ATT emails) was working.  Today it says I need a new password. I can't log in to change my password because I don't have my old password.  They asked for security questions, I answered, it is saying wrong answers.  I called ATT Support, they say they can't help because I don't have an ATT account.  I called Frontier, who bought the ATT business in this area, they say they can't help.  Anyone have a solution?  Thank you!

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

In changing "the password" after the Yahoo break-in warning I seem to have messed up the password to a "sub-account" (linked account?). While I am still able to send & receive this account to some of my devices (tablet & Winodws 10 laptop), I cannot with my Windows 7 desktop. The only way to get this straightened out is to reset the password on the sub-account, but cannot find instructions on how to do this. Where is it hidden?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

My account says that my password has been reset and to type in the new password.  I don't remember resetting the password but I'm willing to reset it now.  How can I retrieve the new password or reset the one that is on the account now?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I cannot log in to my Yahoo mail account.

I successfully changed my password yesterday, 04/19/2017, but get "Invalid username or password".

Please advise.

I don't have an ATT account.

dBm

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I have an sbcglobal email account which I cannot access because apparently I have forgotten my password. I know I haven't however because I JUST went through this last month when it told me the same thing. Somehow I was able to reset it quite by luck I'm sure and now when I enter my updated password, it tells me sign in failed with no asdistance. Please advise. I tried calling ATT for this but I have no paid ATT account which no one seems to understand!!! Very frustrated !!! And I need access to this account!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Sometime after 3 a.m. today, I could no longer send email via Outlook (POP3) or my Android phone via K-9 Mail (IMAP) for my sbcglobal.net account. I can only send an email using web mail.

I've changed no setting in Outlook or K-9 mail. I verified that I had the correct email server settings on this page:  https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/email-support/KM1010523

Any idea what the issue is?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I can't access my att.net email address. I can't remember my password and I can't seem to have it reset. I've had his email address for over 10 years and I need help
To recover and reset the email password. PLEASE HELP!!!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I have forgot me password and security questions for my email it will not give me and option besides to put in the security answers to recover my account what should I do
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.