Need to update email settings?
ATTU-verseCare's profile
Community Support

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

Tuesday, September 27th, 2016 3:50 PM

How to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T

You are here because you can't sign in to your email or you forgot one of your many passwords. Resetting your password is one of the fastest solutions. Let's get started!

How To Change Your Password

Go to www.att.com or use the myAT&T app:

1. Login to the myAT&T app, scroll, and select "My plans & features"

2. Hit the "plus" button next to your service and select "Manage my network & email"

3. Select "Change Email Password" 

Note: If you are still unable to log in after resetting your password, wait 12 hours for the system to update and try again.

Security Questions Help & Free Accounts

If you recently attempted to reset your password, you can use your account at www.att.com to reset it. Please note:

• The email must be tied to an active account for a password reset to work
  • Free emails do not have the option to reset via an att.com unless there is an account tied to it

Free Email 

A free email is a standalone email account that once was tied to an AT&T account. Once that account is canceled, AT&T no longer has the ability to reset your password. In order to reset your password, you must use your security questions to reset it

If you do not remember your security questions/ answers. AT&T WILL NOT reset your account. This is done to protect personal information since we cannot validate the email address. It is like giving away the keys to your car without verifying it is belongs to you.  AT&T currently has no workaround for these types of issues and is unable to assist.

Email Tips & Troubleshooting Solutions 

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Still need help? Ask a question! Our 1.4 million members typically respond within 1 hour.

2 Attachments

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Doesn't give me an option to answer security questions. I really need to get back in my account.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

My mother-in-law has AT&T internet and wants to set up her e-mail account, but doesn't remember if she was given an account name.  How can I find out what she should be using for her e-mail account name and password?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I recently was in my email account and suddenly I was kicked out. I haven't been able to log back in for the past two days. It gives the message that I have the wrong password and I tried using the security questions and it is also telling me I have the wrong answers. Can someone please help me reset my password.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Hi

I used to have an email address with sbcglobal and I'm trying to recover it. Is that possible? Email address was ***

When I try to do forgot password the system says invalid username

[Edited for privacy-This is a public forum. Please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Mentor

• 

78 Messages

7 years ago

I have an extremely old account- and the only service I have is my email account - access, phone etc is thru other services. I have moved and my address is different and my credit card expired. So I went hunting for a way to update it. Well this has been a 4 hour job with no success. I have used chat for direction - that was a nightmare and I have called with being transferred to about 12 different agents. They can not find my existence. The last agent took my number and said they wound call back with an update... yea right.! So now what do I do?

My account number is not recognized- neither is my SSN; my name or my phone number- they have checked the addresses both old and the new one. Oh and I have checked the online options too.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Yahoo email issues.... I got my Yahoo.com through AT&T -- now I'm unable to reset my password & thus am unable to get into my Main Yahoo email account.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

the email i can not log into is rweldy@att.net.   My existing email is robinweldy@att.net. The message I get when I try to log into [edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]@att.net is:

ERROR

Your account is inactive. You will not be able to reset the password with your account in this status. If you are under 13 years of age, your parents need to re-approve your access to your email account and other AT&T online services. Your parents can Log In with their User ID (e.g., johndoe@att.net) to give that approval.
(SFPWD43)

I am an adult. please let me know what I can do. my phone number is *****

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I purchased a new PC and added Office 365 for publishing a Newsletter.  When I was setting up Outlook I needed my user id and password I used when I originally set it up on my old PC.  I don't remember either.  The error message I received said that it is needed to set up POP and  IMAP  and I cannot connect to outgoing mail server (SMTP)without the password and user id given to me by my service provider.  How can I get those things?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I have forgotten my password to my email account. I had it saved on my old phone that I no longer have for so long I can't ​remember. I can give a few of the previous passwords if that will help att reset it. I do not have access to the recovery phone number or email.....I will be keeping my info up to date from now on lol!!! PLEASE HELP

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I have tried to access my email but my password does not match, my last name does not match, and I have tried all day to gain access but no luck. Can't even access CHAT to get help. I have important messages in my account that I need to send answers to asap. Why does yahoo/AT&T not have a simple solution for this?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.