Need to update email settings?
ATTU-verseCare's profile
Community Support

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

Tuesday, September 27th, 2016 3:50 PM

How to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T

You are here because you can't sign in to your email or you forgot one of your many passwords. Resetting your password is one of the fastest solutions. Let's get started!

How To Change Your Password

Go to www.att.com or use the myAT&T app:

1. Login to the myAT&T app, scroll, and select "My plans & features"

2. Hit the "plus" button next to your service and select "Manage my network & email"

3. Select "Change Email Password" 

Note: If you are still unable to log in after resetting your password, wait 12 hours for the system to update and try again.

Security Questions Help & Free Accounts

If you recently attempted to reset your password, you can use your account at www.att.com to reset it. Please note:

• The email must be tied to an active account for a password reset to work
  • Free emails do not have the option to reset via an att.com unless there is an account tied to it

Free Email 

A free email is a standalone email account that once was tied to an AT&T account. Once that account is canceled, AT&T no longer has the ability to reset your password. In order to reset your password, you must use your security questions to reset it

If you do not remember your security questions/ answers. AT&T WILL NOT reset your account. This is done to protect personal information since we cannot validate the email address. It is like giving away the keys to your car without verifying it is belongs to you.  AT&T currently has no workaround for these types of issues and is unable to assist.

Email Tips & Troubleshooting Solutions 

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Still need help? Ask a question! Our 1.4 million members typically respond within 1 hour.

2 Attachments

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I am completely frustrated with Google as the operating system. Google incessantly eats my AT&T programs ( facebook, email, internet, etc). I am not happy about this and it makes me irritated and frustated - like i feel now.can l block google programs?

Tutor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

To all the Yahoo and AT&T linked emails. I am a customer of AT&T. I had my emails linked well over 10 years ago. I know AT&T is saying not their problem but, I for one disagree.

AT&T, you are a influential company. We your customers think you should put pressure on Yahoo to fix our issues! Yahoo has made it impossible for their users to contact them and that is why AT&T users are contacting you. You were hand in hand with Yahoo at one time and we followed your lead. I know you are able to contact Yahoo big wigs so, please do on the behalf of your customers dealing with Yahoo's data breach. We all want our data protected and had we not linked our accounts our AT&T email would be at least. Because they are linked we are not protected because no matter how many times we change out AT&T email password our Yahoo password isn't being effected. Again, I beesch you to use your influence with the heads of Yahoo to help your customers!

Sincerely,

A Long, long time customer with a Big Issue

Teacher

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

I have an sbcglobal email address that seems to be connected to both yahoo and att. I want to change my email password because yahoo keeps getting hacked. When I am on the yahoo page it also says att.net. When I click on the little cog wheel and click change my email password it sends me to ATT website. I have ATT for cell , internet etc and used to have DSL before I changed to Uverse. I really want to keep my same email address but when I changed the password on the ATT page, it only changed my ATT account password, not by sbcglobal password. ATT denies knowing anything about this and says they are not connected to Yahoo. Yahoo has absolutely NO customer service either by phone or email. All they have is troubleshooting links to useless info that does not solve my problem. I want to change my password on my yahoo email and keep my sbcglobal email. That is all I am trying to do. Help.

Teacher

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

this is the exact same problem I am having!!!!! Help!!!!

• 

3 Messages

hi did you ever resolved this problem? I'm having the same issue. any suggestions

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I Cant Get My Email address [edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I just switched over to Direct TV , from att uverse tv and internet.now I can't get into my att.net email.Says server password has changed

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

Spoiler
I cannot recieve individual emails to my bellsouth.net 
But I do recieve online bank statements and other business related accounts
each time I retrieve my mail I recieve a message that my password is not correct
i go in and change my password and it only lasts for one cycle and then the cycle repeats itself. ????????

Tutor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I can't reset my att email! I keep getting an error box which reads the user name or password for att is incorrect! Can someone help me? I keep getting the run around for att tech support because I no longer have a u-verse account!!

Community Support

• 

230.4K Messages

7 years ago

Hi @Bronco66,

Sorry to read of the trouble you are having. Please make sure you have the latest browser version. Also, on this page you will see a section labeled Internet Hot Topics. You will find a link labeled Email Login Woes. Click on that, you will find some regarding hacked ID we highly recommend looking at. If you are on a browser, the link will be to the right. If you are on a mobile device, scroll down to find it.

-ATTU-verseCare

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

Sorry , But I cannot find any the links such as Hot Topics ? I have no idea what you Guys are talking about ? Help
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.