Need to update email settings?
MD7772forL's profile

• 

4 Messages

Friday, December 2nd, 2022 8:10 PM

Email Profile Update

Hello.  I am one of the AT&T email account holders affected by the lockout that occurred in the Fall awhile back.  In addition to my locked AT&T email account ([email scrubbed]), I have another AT&T email account (....@att.net), my wife has an email account (....@sbcglobal.net), there is a phone number associated with the profile of my ...@att.net account, and my wife and I have a home address on file with AT&T that was used for many years with U-verse service, billings and support. 

With all the AT&T touchpoints and data points that already exist, I would think there would be some way to add to the locked account profile since I cannot do it online myself.  Thanks in advance for your help.   

tonydi

ACE - Guru

• 

9.5K Messages

2 months ago

Maybe it's time to go to the top.

Fill out the form HERE.

This will get the FCC to contact the AT&T Office of the President on your behalf.  Once the OoP people get the notice they should respond to it within 24 hrs (sometimes even on weekends) and they may be able to get things done.  Once you submit, make sure you're ready to get a call from a number that isn't familiar.  If you miss it your chances of calling back and getting a successful result goes down.

Good luck!

• 

4 Messages

1 month ago

Thanks for this -- a great suggestion. 

I got a partial solution, being able to update the profile in the  ...sbcglobal.net account, but somehow lost something in the profile of my ...att.net email account, where I had a recovery cell # there formerly that just disappeared.  Admittedly, that loss may be an unrelated issue to the fix, where possibly a subsequent recent AT&T business judgment was made not to allow non-ATT cell numbers as recovery numbers for their email.    

I'm not sure of all the good practice protocols in this forum for those with questions where potentially overlapping issues occur, however, I am very appreciative of those with knowledge here, accompanied with their willingness to share...

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.