Need to update email settings?
Volley3's profile

• 

4 Messages

Friday, February 3rd, 2023 8:20 PM

Closing outdated versions of AT&T Yahoo mail. Is this a scam?

Received this email today. Is it a scam or should I click the link?
Thanks
AT&T Yahoo
This is to notify you we are closing all Outdated versions of our Mailbox as from 5th of February 2023.
We’re making these updates to clarify our terms and ensure that they remain transparent for you.
Kindly use the link below to secure your Mailbox Update Validation in order to avoid loss pf Data:
CLICK HERE TO UPDATE

Thank you for being part of AT&T Yahoo Membership. Enjoy our extra security, support and savings you get.
Copyright AT&T Yahoo Inc, 2023. All Rights Reserved

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Guru

• 

9.9K Messages

1 year ago

PHISHING scam.  Delete it and keep deleting the ones that will continue to show up in the next days, weeks, months, ??.

• 

4 Messages

1 year ago

Closing outdated versions of AT&T Yahoo mail. Is this a scam?

Received this email today. Is it a scam or should I click the link? Is this the same email you received?
Thanks
AT&T Yahoo
This is to notify you we are closing all Outdated versions of our Mailbox as from 5th of February 2023.
We’re making these updates to clarify our terms and ensure that they remain transparent for you.
Kindly use the link below to secure your Mailbox Update Validation in order to avoid loss pf Data:

Thank you for being part of AT&T Yahoo Membership. Enjoy our extra security, support and savings you get.
Copyright AT&T Yahoo Inc, 2023. All Rights Reserved

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

1 year ago

It's a SCAM e-mail.  We've seen dozens that are similar.  They all contain a link that points to a low cost web host where they'll try to get your private data.

Contributor

• 

5 Messages

3 months ago

Tried to ping emaildl.att-mail.com

The ping app I used returned the following message:

Cannot resolve emaildl.att-mail.com : Unknown host

Possibly I do not fully understand DNS but I am not comfortable responding to this “AT&T email” until I am sure it is valid. 

I have been a U-Verse customer and have used an att.net email address since U-Verse first started. (I’m also a retired AT&T employee.) I want more assurance that this is valid before I respond to the email. 

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

3 months ago

att-mail.com is a valid domain used by AT&T for sending e-mail.  That doesn't mean every host name in it is in every public DNS.  And it doesn't mean it can be pinged.

What is the message that came from that domain that concerns you?

Contributor

• 

5 Messages

3 months ago

The message is similar to the message complained about by others (above).

Note that it addresses me as “Hi Anne”. My name is Michael. That’s an odd mistake for the AT&T application program or data base to make.

Also the email address of origin of the AT&T email is:

[email scrubbed]

again, I’m not an expert but I haven’t seen dot art-mail dot com before. 

before giving out my login I would at least like the database/mail program to get my name right!

Hi Anne,

We have updated our files with your new password.
Use this password for all the accounts you manage with this User ID. Don't forget to update to this new password wherever it is saved or stored, like email or apps.

Your privacy is important to us. Think receiving this email was an error? Call us for help: Consumer 800.288.2020 or Business 800.321.2000.

Thanks for choosing us,
AT&T

Popular support topics

(edited)

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

3 months ago

Did you just reset your password?  I don't see any red flags (other than the greeting), it's not asking you to click a link or call right now.  "ATT-MAIL.COM" is AT&T's typical e-mail sending domain.  "ART-MAIL" would be concerning, if not a typo.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.