Need to update email settings?
nscarlson's profile

• 

6 Messages

Monday, May 8th, 2023 4:25 PM

changing recovery phone number problems unresolved

Hello, I did not receive any reply to this message when DM'ing with the help desk last week. Can you please reply?

11:28 am

ATTHelp

Thank you for your patience. Upon further review it shows that once you cancel your AT&T services, you are unable to alter any of the recovery options after that is done. With the number that is listed, that is the only option you can use. You can find more information on this by visiting this forums' article: https://forums.att.com/conversations/att-mail-features/if-i-cancel-my-att-account-will-i-lose-my-email-address/5defccb4bad5f2f60696c610 We thank you for your understanding.

Don't hesitate to reach back out if you ever need oru assistnace again. Thank you for visiting the AT&T Community Forums.

12:27 pm

Wait! I have NOT cancelled any services! I still have that ATT prepaid phone number, and have had the ATT email for probably 30 years. What are you referring to that is cancelled?

12:38 pm

I am inquiring about the PROACTIVELY to avoid this very problem. Why can't I change information in my profile?

12:39 pm

In fact I do not even have that phone number in my profile anymore (at least on the profile I can see and access. So why are you still able to send texts to that phone number? In what system is it stored?

Please help me understand this clearly.

12:44 pm

I hope you are still there to answer these questions. It still doesn't make sense to me.

2:04 pm

Fri, 5 May

I am still hoping you can help me understand this issue. Thanks in advance.

No Responses!
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.