Need to update email settings?
KBAYemailuser's profile

• 

8 Messages

Saturday, September 17th, 2022 4:27 PM

Care code 205.4 - will not recognize my user name locked out

Has anyone been able to get this fixed? I have not received a response from a technician in this forum. It’s been two weeks. Has anyone been successful getting this fixed? I see hundreds of posts and no one has shared if it was resolved. I’ve applied all of the suggestions. Changed password, verified user name in my att account changed security questions. It keeps saying the user ID doesn’t match even when I send a recovery text to my phone. I can see my verified user name in my att account profile. Makes no sense. I don’t know what else to do. 

• 

8 Messages

2 years ago

same thing has been happening to me. I have been on this forum and received instructions on how to DM because apparently I will need their help to fix it.

• 

8 Messages

2 years ago

Did you ever get help? I’m still unable to get into my email and it’s been 3 weeks. It’s has been devastating how much it has impacted my life.

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

I don't think we will ever be helped. They don't seem to care and just write the same auto-generated replies that we have stated over and over doesn't work. This is unbelievable.

• 

8 Messages

2 years ago

No, I have not received help. After spending hours on the phone numerous times, the person said if I couldn't come up with the old account number from the sbcglobal account, they wouldn't be able to help me.  I demanded to speak to a supervisor because that was a ludicrous request given the account was probably opened in the '90s. She claimed the supervisor was on another call. I snarked that always seemed to be the case when they don't want to escalate to a supervisor. Lo and behold, the supervisor called while I was with a client. He left a message saying he'd call back within the hour but he never did.  Of course, when I tried calling that number, it went to the automated voice service that has been worthless. Sheesh ...

ACE - Guru

• 

9.9K Messages

2 years ago

@Bwoodard  Probably nothing lost there.  If they had actually gotten in contact with you they would have just told you they couldn't help.  As of 9/1 AT&T stopped giving temp passwords to accounts that couldn't be verified, like yours.  Unfortunately, that is actually the best policy from a security standpoint, but terrible from a customer satisfaction standpoint. 

• 

8 Messages

2 years ago

@tonydi This is maddening. It appears we are just out of luck. Now to figure out how to change all the places that have that as my email address.  Arggghhhhhh...

ACE - Guru

• 

9.9K Messages

2 years ago

Maddening doesn't even begin to cover what I feel and I don't even have an account in this status. 

Since AT&T is responsible in some part for this fiasco I would have hoped they could find a way to help people in your situation.  Presuming they can access the email accounts internally, they could ask for the names of some people in your Contact list, or who you might have exchanged email with recently.  

But that would mean A) they'd have to do more work than just telling you to pound sand and B) they actually care.  B precludes A from ever happening.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.