Available Now: Buy the new iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max from AT&T!
Need to update email settings?
Twinkle59's profile

• 

4 Messages

Mon, Jun 13, 2022 2:43 PM

CARE CODE: 205.2 [LU003]

Received 'Care Code: 205.3 [LU003}' with following message: "Looks like you’ve tried to sign in unsuccessfully too many times. Recover your ID or reset your password to continue." I had not attempted to sign in but once. This has been problematic for week. I had temporary success with one technician for only a day. Other tech was indifferent in assisting me, reminding me this was a free email account and I don't have ATT's products. The domain, SBCglobal.net domain I have had for many years - ATT support is not assisting, holding my personal emails and folders hostage.

Is there anyone that can assist me?

tonydi

ACE - Guru

• 

7.5K Messages

4分前

If you look really closely at the list of posts in this forum you might run across one or two (or hundreds) of others talking about this exact same error message.

Feel free to open one of those and see the useless things ATTHelp has suggested you try.  The only one that seems to give temporary relief is to use the Forgot Password option when you try to log in at currently.com.  You might be given an option to have a code emailed or sent via text and that will allow you to enter a new password (you can actually just input the same one you already know) and that will get you in for some indeterminate period of time until it gives you the same message again.

If you can't get the change password option, you'll need to come back here where ATTHelp will take you into a private session, ask for a bunch of personal info and eventually tell you they can't help.

• 

4 Messages

4分前

Yes, unfortunately, this is the grim reality with Currently email. I'm tired of being a captive to this nonsense regarding my important folders and emails! Will investigate with FTC and FCC on this matter. How dare ATT!

tonydi

ACE - Guru

• 

7.5K Messages

4分前

The FCC complaint will get handed over to the Executive Care group at the Office of the President at AT&T.  That group will call you shortly after receiving the FCC notice (usually a few days). 

I've already pointed dozens of people to the AT&T form that does the exact same thing and only takes a day or less from the time of submission.  The end result has been that the OoP team gets with some higher level techs who apparently pass along the "we're aware, we're working on it" message. 

At the end of the day you'll still be in the same situation because there doesn't seem to be a fix, which I find incredulous.

As always, the true fix is to move to a different email provider.  You're one of the lucky ones who still has access to their AT&T email account.  That means you could take advantage of things like the Gmail service that will pull all of your Contacts and all of the stored email on your AT&T account over to Gmail so you don't lose anything.

Some who have been in your situation have eventually found that even the password reset ceases to work and AT&T is helpless to get their access reinstated, thus locking them out of their email account permanently.

• 

4 Messages

4分前

I'm stunned, there need to be accountability with ATT! I will resort to contacting public officials and others once I migrate my emails and folders to transfer. This has caused me undue time and anxieties with this crap!

Moment ago, tried to create a free new email under Currently with no luck, Care Code: 201 [LU100], thinking I can forward emails, folders, etc over - no such luck.

This is end of road for me and this madness with ATT!

Thank you for your responses, Tonydi!

Sounds like a (Edited per community guidelines) (Edited per community guidelines) is forthcoming!

(edited)

tonydi

ACE - Guru

• 

7.5K Messages

4分前

The failure to create the currently.com account is likely due to your browser having data from the login failures you've been having.  I just created a new account there without issue.

But even if you could create one, you'd have to forward each email over individually, manually creating a forward for each one.  Yikes!  Plus, that really messes up the email because all emails would show up as coming from you.

And finally, currently.com emails are just one more AT&T email account and guess whose crappy servers that runs on?  Yep, the same one that's causing your angina, Yahoo.

If you are willing to go through the pain of switching emails, definitely look into Gmail who has a tool in their Settings/Accounts and Import that will copy all of your Contacts over from AT&T and then copy all of your email including folders.  It will continue to copy over new emails that come in for the next 30 days, too, giving you time to notify everyone you care to exchange email with of the new address.

As far as the "Edited per community guidelines" l.a.w.s.u.i.t.s you spoke of, please don't waste your time and energy and cause even more angina. 😁  Your agreement with AT&T only allows arbitration and in the end you'll be better served to use your energy in moving away from this horrible excuse for an email service.

• 

4 Messages

4分前

Appreciate all feedback from you! Good riddance ATT!

Need help?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.