Available Now: Buy the new iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max from AT&T!
Need to update email settings?
Rhonda_Up's profile

• 

1 Message

Thu, Apr 7, 2022 5:23 PM

CARE CODE: 205.2 [LU003]

I cannot log into my at&t account or email on my laptop.  I keep getting the error code CARE CODE: 205.2 [LU003] no matter what I do.  I am using chrome and have cleared my cash and cookies.  I am however able to see email on my cell phone.  Please help!

dellray

• 

106 Messages

3 m مضت

No matter what I do, re-sync, change password, it never lasts until the next day.

NH2022

• 

19 Messages

3 m مضت

I wrote a new comment on how to fix this but it was removed. Interesting....

tonydi

ACE - Guru

• 

7.4K Messages

3 m مضت

When was this, @NH2022 ?  Could there have been anything about the post that could have been considered outside forum guidelines?  Could it have included links that might be considered spamming?

I looked in the places where mods would put such things and don't see anything from you.

The reason I ask is because I had three posts that refused to even get saved a couple of hours ago.  I didn't notice the first two but when I tried a third time a little popup at the bottom of the screen appeared for a second and said the comment could not be added.  Did you actually see the comment in the post after you had saved it?  It can take a while for a person to actually get to your comment and delete it.

NH2022

• 

19 Messages

3 m مضت

I had the dreaded 205.2 error today. I called the support line to have them resync my account.

The support person was very nice and asked me for the URL I use to access my email. This was a new question as they haven't asked that before. I told him that I usually access from my my.yahoo.com page. He said that could be the problem as syncing with previous partners (I'm paraphrasing) causes problems.

He said to log in from my.att.net and that should clear the problem. I tried logging in from there and it did let me in. He said he also resynced all my associated acccounts so I was all set. I asked if I could still log in from yahoo and he said, yes but it would periodically cause this error so I should keep clearing my cache. If there's a problem to log in from att.net.

I posted this before but the comment is gone. I'm not sure why.

(edited)

NH2022

• 

19 Messages

3 m مضت

Tonydi - no, not really any spam etc. I referenced yahoo but only to explain what the support person said. I posted the same information to a couple of the 205.2 questions. I did see the posts during that session - this was a few hours ago.

Then later I saw you post a response to the second message I wrote about how to get through the automated support line. The first message about 205.2 was gone.

I just posted the same info again about using att.net to clear the 205.2 login jam and I can see it directly after your comment.  Just trying to be helpful.

tonydi

ACE - Guru

• 

7.4K Messages

3 m مضت

Thanks for the follow up.  There's absolutely no reason your post would have been removed by a moderator and the bots that scrub naughty words, prohibited words (Yahoo is certainly not one of them!) and things like email addresses don't have the ability to remove a whole post.

Given the bizarre things that were happening to the forum today I'm going to chalk it up to that.

As for your fix, I'm afraid that probably isn't one.  You were logging in the "old" way and AT&T has been suggesting people switch to using the way you were told today quite some time ago.  Both ways work and people who have used the my.att.net for a long time are still among the hundreds of people getting the 205.2 error.

NH2022

• 

19 Messages

3 m مضت

Tonydi,

Well I'm disappointed that what I thought was a new fix, is actually old and not a fix. Big bummer! I'm still able to get in, so I'll wait til it blows again and see what I can do. I'll post something at that time.

Enjoy the summer (assuming you're in the Northern Hemisphere somewhere).

dellray

• 

106 Messages

3 m مضت

Try this, it is working for me. Login to www.att.com and select "Stay logged in" and see if that helps. If you have more than one email account, do it for all of them.

Lollymiss

• 

31 Messages

3 m مضت

@dellray I have done that multiple times but it doesnt seem to be helping. But thanks for the suggestion. I keep hoping someone here has the magic answer!

dellray

• 

106 Messages

3 m مضت

@Lollymiss  After you are setup at att.com, always go through att.com and select "CHECK EMAIL", if you go through normal email login, you will get the error.

Lollymiss

• 

31 Messages

3 m مضت

@dellray , I don't even see "CHECK EMAIL" on that page. But there is a place that says "sign into your account". When I try that I always get the error. One of the representatives told me to always go through "currently.att.yahoo.com/" to access my email.

dellray

• 

106 Messages

3 m مضت

@Lollymiss  
1. Go to www.att.com
2. If you can't login, select "Forgot password" and replace it; you can use the same password.
3. Click "Signin".
4. After you sign, do not logout, but restart your browser.
5. Repeat steps 1 & 2 above.
6. Select "Keep me signed in" and answer the question.
7. click "Sign in".
8. You will now be in your account, scroll down and you will find "CHECK MAIL".
9. Do not logout at any time.

(edited)

NH2022

• 

19 Messages

3 m مضت

@dellray...thanks, I'm still able to access since my last fix. Based on Tonydi, I'm expecting I'll see 205.2 again shortly... probably in about two weeks. I'll post again when that happens. Thanks.

dellray

• 

106 Messages

3 m مضت

This is really strange, I can login to att.com and select "Keep me logged in" and I can access my email with no problem. But I cannot access email directly without using "Forgot password" They need to get their act together.

Lollymiss

• 

31 Messages

3 m مضت

@dellray thank you for your instructions... and taking the time to try to help guide me. I am not entirely sure what you mean by restarting your browser. We are using firefox. I tried what I thought you might mean, and restarted the computer. I also tried in the top left of my screen (above the address bar) to choose exit under the "file" column. Neither of these gave me the rest that you listed.

Additionally, I was just being signed out every month or so, but now its multiple times a day and I have to select forgot password, then I enter same password but for some reason now its kicking me out of my email on my iphone arrrggghhhhhh

Need help?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.