Pre-order the New Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4 & Galaxy Z Fold4 and, for a limited time, get twice the storage and a free case!
Need to update email settings?
Rhonda_Up's profile

• 

1 Message

Thu, Apr 7, 2022 5:23 PM

CARE CODE: 205.2 [LU003]

I cannot log into my at&t account or email on my laptop.  I keep getting the error code CARE CODE: 205.2 [LU003] no matter what I do.  I am using chrome and have cleared my cash and cookies.  I am however able to see email on my cell phone.  Please help!

Lollymiss

• 

24 Messages

2分前

@tonydi @gary419 

Oohhh.. I gotcha, and I didn't see what the sources were.

I don't even know what Thunderbird is... sounds waaaay too tech savvy for me!

I just want the silly problem fixed!

gary419

Tutor

• 

19 Messages

2分前

@tonydi I try not to speak to personally about security issue's. (my Fobia) but several examples. 

One would be FireFox Monitor.

The others: remember all the breaches we've seen and the subsequent monitoring features available to you if you just followed up. Those will come to play some times.

tonydi

ACE - Guru

• 

6.1K Messages

2分前

Thunderbird is an email client (program) that runs on your computer and fetches and sends emails.  I'm sure you've heard of Outlook, same sort of client.

Lollymiss

• 

24 Messages

2分前

@tonydi I have heard of Outlook, but never understood the purpose.. seems like another hurdle to jump

tonydi

ACE - Guru

• 

6.1K Messages

2分前

Heh, yeah, to me it's mostly about whether I want to have control over my email, that I know it's stored on my computer and available no matter what happens at Yahoo (because nothing ever goes wrong there!) or if I trust a third party to keep them safe and available.

• 

2 Messages

2分前

This happens to me VERY often!  I have called AT&T numerous times to fix it but it still happens about once every 2 weeks or so.  The code is: CARE CODE: 205.2 [LU003].  Please help me so this will stop happening!!!!!

gary419

Tutor

• 

19 Messages

2分前

@jhutson0319 You may want to reread this thread from the beginning to get a handle on the scope of this problem.

The short answer is start using a third party email client.

• 

2 Messages

2分前

@gary419 - So I will have to start a completely different email address?

gary419

Tutor

• 

19 Messages

2分前

@jhutson0319 No new email address required, just a email program like Outlook or Thunderbird, many others out there. Your device will play a role in which to use.

Only one of my ATT emails has a problem and Only on web mail. POP and Imap work fine. My problem email has been involved in numerous Data breaches, which may explain the current problem. If your email has been exposed in a data breach, that may explain why some are having issues and others are not.

Getting an email program is a work around.

Others have thought my work around is too complex or geeky, but my email is working.

Happy Trails.

gary419

Tutor

• 

19 Messages

2分前

@Lollymiss  Just a thought but if Thunderbird is too techy , you have the option of using the core email program in your machine, like apple Mail or Windows Mail. Android probably has one also.

There not too hard to set up and are already installed on your device.

Good Luck

tonydi

ACE - Guru

• 

6.1K Messages

2分前

Don't use Windows Mail right now.  It's having its own little meltdown with Yahoo-based email accounts separate from the password and other issues.

dellray

• 

74 Messages

2分前

Have used forgot password many time and have had my account re-synced several times and the problem still exists. Think it is time to move to XFinity.

cher45

• 

16 Messages

2分前

Same has been happening to me for awhile. No webmail on laptop but could get email on phone. First time it happened I got on live chat with at&t ,gave them my password and they re-synced mail. All was good again for about a month. Last time it happened I used a suggestion by someone else and used the Reset password link under the care code message. However-I used my same password. It worked to get back into webmail on laptop but broke access on phone for about 12 hours. All is well. Now just waiting for the next time. Good luck!!

NH2022

• 

19 Messages

2分前

Btw, if you still need support to resync you, use the support link below

https://www.att.com/search/?q=chat&linkCnt=10&linkSelPos=NaN

You need a live person though....

try following something like the below to get a live person.

[AT&T] : Hi, I'm your AT&T automated assistant. How can I help you today?

[Me] : technical support (or type help)

[AT&T] : So I can get you the right info, what service are you asking about?
 - AT&T Wireless
 - DIRECTV
 - U-verse TV
 - AT&T Internet
 - DSL
 - AT&T Digital Phone

[Me] : AT&T Internet

[AT&T] : Choose a topic to chat about:
 - Billing, usage, plans & equipment setup
 - Payments
 - Shopping
 - Order status
 - Moving or changing service
 - Troubleshooting & repairs
 - Sign-in help

[Me] : Sign-in help

[AT&T] : Let me try connecting you with someone who can get you the help you need.

[AT&T] : You’re in line! Stay close to your device and we’ll update you soon.

While you wait, check out these self-service options. And don’t worry we’ll hold your place.

tonydi

ACE - Guru

• 

6.1K Messages

2分前

ATTHelp people are now saying that changing (or just entering the same password) does the "resync" of the account.  No need to deal with the phone or chat people.

Need help?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.