For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need to update email settings?
okimin's profile

• 

1 Message

Monday, February 7th, 2022 3:29 AM

Care Code 205.2 [LU003]

I have had this error code for FOUR MONTHS NOW.  I cannot access my account any of the ways AT&T suggested online.  How can I get AT&T to clear this  message?  How can I talk to a human?  Why won't this message clear away?  I have important info on this account, like my Apple password.  I need access to my account!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Community Support

• 

231.5K Messages

2 years ago

Hi there, okimin! We would love to help you with your internet account and email. 

First of all, thank you for trying the steps located on our other forums articles. 

The code that you are receiving means that the password to the account is incorrect and the incorrect password has been tried to many times. What happens when you follow the Forgot Password Flow? Are you unable to provide the information required to reset the password? 

The reason why we are asking these questions is so we can pinpoint the root cause for the error. 

We would love to hear more details about what you have tried and the roadblocks that you are running into. So please come on back, and we would love to assist in anyway that we can.

Thank you for using the AT&T Community Forums. 

Matthew, AT&T Community Forums

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

This is what happens when we try to follow the Forgot Password Flow:

Hmm… we can’t reset your password

We don’t have the account details we need to reset your password right now. To get help, call 800.288.2020.

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

i am also having the same issues. MY PASSWORD is NOT incorrect. I have it saved. and it is the same password that is accessing my email on my phone and ipad. however i need to get to my desktop to print out certain documents in my desktop email. I have tried everything. how can this be fixed. ??????

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Here is what happened to me.

The night before, I tried to log off my email, it asked if I was sure to log off.  It was strange because I don't recall it ever asked me if I was sure to log off before.  I didn't suspect much and said yes and logged off. 

The next morning when I tried logging on, it said that I tried to sign in unsuccessfully too many times. It told me to recover my ID or reset my password with CARE CODE 205.2. 

I knew my password clearly and it was the first time I tried to log on after it asked me if I was sure to log off the night before. But the system somehow thought I had tried too many times unsuccessfully.

Please help resolve this issue! Maybe by looking at the branch of code that asked if the user was sure to log off first? Many many thanks! The email contents I have saved are very important to me and I desperately need access to my email account. Thanks again!

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

Having same issue as Mark393 exact same issue .  It is consistent doing it all the time now.  I must reset my password 4-5 times a day.  This issue needs to be fixed asap by att.

ACE - Guru

• 

9.9K Messages

2 years ago

Moving this post to the new Email forum.

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I'm having the same issue.  Do not tell us that the solution is to reset our password, as too many attempts have been made. I've made NO attempts and receive the rote message, has reset my password 20 times in the past couple of weeks.

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Correction: I have reset my password many  times.  Today, I'm getting fed up.  Does anyone from ATT monitor this forum? 

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

Topknot i agree its aweful.  I do wonder if anyone is seeing these posts.

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

I just tried to access my email from my desktop and get the same 'error' as above entries.  I noticed my 'password' is NOT coming from my saved password in CHROME! AND this password has ALL CAPS for the characters I have as LOWER CASE!  Is the web email APP doing this?  I even tried to KEY my correct password and still get the error like it's not reading it.  Something in the web app is changing the password and then storing it!!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.