AT&T Holiday Deals & Gifts - Don't miss these holiday deals on the latest devices!
Need to update email settings?
D

• 

1 Message

Wed, Oct 27, 2021 3:04 PM

Closed

Care Code: 205.2 [LU003]

I have been receiving the following message for several days on my Dell Inspiron 15 7000 lap used a different browser; and have waited 24 hours with no success accessing my email.
Help - how do I access my ATT/Yahoo email on my laptop?
Stradalite

Mentor

• 

69 Messages

1 year ago

I am now posting on a different thread. Many of the conversations are overlapping and should be consolidated on the most recent information. Please follow this topic here:

• 

6 Messages

1 year ago

Have any of you been able to log in yet?

Did At&t ever fix the problem?

Stradalite

Mentor

• 

69 Messages

1 year ago

I am uncertain about a broad fix for this problem. Unless you have directly called the company about your own personal account, the error message will continue for you. If anyone has experienced otherwise, then please post. Thanks!

• 

2 Messages

9 months ago

I changed phones recently and cannot get into my email on my new phone.  I've called and done chat sessions with no success.  I need to reset my password.

coleman19

Tutor

• 

28 Messages

8 months ago

I have been experiencing this for some time now and have been getting the same response from tech support:  Basically, I'm an (Edited per community guidelines) and I must have logged on multiple times with incorrect credentials and locked myself out.  I have actually been told that – that I must have done that and not realized it.  The error code does not lie, sir - but error codes can lie if there is a deeper issue.

It's obvious that your account is not locked out if you are still able to connect on your phone.  The issue appears to be an authentication issue where you cannot connect with a new device, but the devices that are currently authenticated will continue to access mail with no trouble.  All of my access is using my regular username and password.  None of my apps use secure mail keys.

Example:  I'm logged into my account on my iPhone with the delivered Mail app as well as the Yahoo Mail app.  I'm connected on my desktop machine as well, having clicked the "Keep me logged in for two weeks" button.  When I'm logged out after two weeks, boom, I can't sign in again on my desktop machine and I'm told my account is locked, yet I can still access mail on phone through both apps.  Now, if I delete the account on my Yahoo Mail app on my phone and then try to reconnect through that app, I'm told that my account is locked there, too.

The bigger issue here is a customer service issue, that the techs will just blindly parrot back to you what the error says.  Yes, we all can read - it says that we tried to log in too many times, but that's not the case and we all know it.  If AT&T is saying that someone is trying to log in as me, then review the security logs and prove it to me.  No one has yet to do that.  I doubt they can.

There are many, many threads on this forum about this same issue.  Many.  Are all of these customers posting about this problem total (Edited per community guidelines)s because they think they're trying to log in only once, but are really logging in multiple times?  No, of course not.  They're all rational, logical people who are telling truthfully what they are experiencing.  The problem is that the techs at AT&T don't care to listen.  It's easier and better for them to tell you to reset your password so you'll go away and they can close their ticket.  In the support world, it’s all about closing tickets and closing them fast.  I see another response that this a known issue and AT&T is working to resolve it.  Do I believe that?  Not on your life.  That's another response designed to calm you down so you’ll reset your password and go away.  If it's a known issue, please post what the actual issue is and why it's taking more than two years to resolve.  Also, why do only a couple techs know of this mysterious known issue and everyone else does not?

To customers on this thread, if you're not getting any satisfaction after calling tech support and your problem persists, you need to call the AT&T Presidential Complaint line and explain what you're experiencing.  The representatives there have access to different folks other than the robots reading from a script.  If more people call there and complain about this persistent problem, then perhaps it will become apparent that there really is an issue here and someone will take the initiative to look under the hood and resolve the problem.  No true resolution to this problem will come from posts in this forum.

(edited)

mmm333

• 

11 Messages

8 months ago

I have had this issue twice (last time 6 months ago and now) and was able to get it resolved. Call ATT at 1-877-285-0117. Select option 2, then option 4. You will need to know the zip code associated with your account. Have all your devices. They will reset you account, then have you delete the account on all your devices and reinstall while you are on the line with them. You keep the same password.
It takes about 5-10 minutes. It works.

coleman19

Tutor

• 

28 Messages

8 months ago

When they are “resetting” your account, what are they actually doing?  The only reset ever offered to me was a password reset.  One time, a tech told me that their servers were not syncing and forced a resynch of my account, after which it was fine.  But since then, nobody knows what this tech did, who he was, or has any knowledge of having to synch servers.  I’m not sure why someone cannot just contact this guy and ask him.  

(edited)

mmm333

• 

11 Messages

8 months ago

I don’t know what they do and, to be honest, I am not tech savvy so I do not ask. All I know is it solved the issue.

coleman19

Tutor

• 

28 Messages

8 months ago

The issue is that due to a lack of training and communication there, most techs will have no idea whatsoever past the blanket “I will have to reset your password because you obviously tried to log in too many times unsuccessfully” response.

• 

1 Message

8 months ago

Has anyone seen a fix for the problem below?
Looks like you’ve tried to sign in unsuccessfully too many times. Recover your ID or reset your password to continue.
CARE CODE: 205.2 [LU003]
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.